We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Metro...
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

Hello,

We are arriving next week and want to take my son (almost 6) fishing. We tried Rod & Reel but were unlucky catching fish last year. Can someone please tell me what other piers are good for fishing? Do we have to bring our own poles and bait?

Thank you very much.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

If I was in fishing, I would def. go to the old historic city pier (bridge street) in Bradenton.

I think they rent poles there but I am not sure...

many times you will be joined by pelicans or herons. saw them a LOT there...

a very nice place to watch out for dolphins too!

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
422 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

I'm surprised you had no luck on the pier. Try the city pier and use frozen shrimp. Just a small piece. You probably won't get any too big but we always got some decent sailors choice. Fine for a 6 yo. Same at the Bridge Street pier. We tried some surf fishing last year, starting with small shrimp then using each catch to move up to bigger fish.

Metro...
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

Thank you very much. I think at Rod & Reel last year it was an off day since it was packed with people fishing and noone was catching any.

Thanks again.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

we fished at Rod and Reel last October - the kids caught a few, nothing big but they were happy. Apparantly the day we were there was a bad day, the day before people had been catching all sorts incl small shark, red fish etc

5. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 22:18