We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay on AMI

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay on AMI

I am new to this forum and my husband and I are thinking of going to AMI in June.....we want something not too expensive...clean and nice...right on the beach....kitchen or kitchenette.....quiet...Looking at Bungalow Beach..or White Sands..or Tradewinds.....any other suggestions or recommendations......thanks!

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay on AMI

Any place on the island will be great...

Beach is wonderful all along the 7 Miles island!

when in june do you want to go?

Keep in mind, the later you go, the harder you´ll get a place! 4th of July weekend is comming then and the crowds will be huge by then!

what would be your budget?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay on AMI

Beachchair- Check out Bamboo Apartments, Queens Gate ot The Blue Dolphin Inn.

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay on AMI

We were thinking of early June or mid July or mid August. Our budget is probably less than $1,200 a week. Any thoughts on the places I mentioned...How about Seaside????? We are in our late 50's and not into beach volleyball but into a nice quiet beach with a nice view of the water.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay on AMI

What about Longboat Key for a tranquil setting? Take a look at #210777 on vrbo.com

Through that vrbo listing I discovered an astoundingly affordable 1BR+/1BA condo at Silver Sands. It was such a fine fit for my husband and me that we would have gladly stayed five weeks rather than just the five nights we booked. We weren't expecting high-style luxury but rather hoped for clean and comfortable, quiet and low-key; that's what we found at Silver Sands.

# 256 has a cheery red/blue beach look (and sleeper sofa) in living area/bathroom with whimsical accessories; tropical palms and dark wicker in the bedroom with a queen-sized bed; well-equipped kitchen and lanai, each with table and four chairs. From the lanai we had a view of the pool and the Gulf.

Amenities included a heated beach front pool, complimentary beach towels and chaise lounge chairs on the beach, daily maid service, coin laundry facilities and Wi-Fi access.

Of course, the greatest asset is LBK's legendary tranquil and beautiful beach.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay on AMI

Hi Beachair. My husband and I are going to AMI for our first visit in May. We are both in our late 50s. We are staying at Angelino's Sea Lodge. They look like very quaint little bungalows right on the beach with kitchenettes. We booked for 7 nights and it came in right under your budget. Check it out. I'll be glad to write about it when we get back, but that will probably be too late for you.

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay on AMI

NanaPatty,How weird is this....???? I was just looking at Angelinos on the Trip Advisor and came back to this site and you wrote to me about it....It looks so cute I agree that it seems perfect....Now I am more confused than ever.......

Northern Ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay on AMI

We stayed at Angelino Sea Lodge last April and are going back the end of March this year...NEXT MONTH. We loved it. We've never gone back to the same place twice until we went to Anna Maria Island. It's not fancy and no pool but reasonable price, clean and right on the beach with good shade. It was one of the places RustyKat recommended to us and she was very accurate.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay on AMI

Beachair, I was exactly where you are . . . feeling overwhelmed. And to be perfectly honest, I first tried to get a reservation at Sailfish Gulf Suites but they were booked. Now I'm thrilled to be staying at Angelino's. I hate to add to your confusion, but you might also want to check out Sailfish Gulf Suites. A couple of people on this forum had recommended it.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay on AMI

You cant go wrong with Angelino's Sea Lodge, it is very relaxing and a great location.

Bamboo Apartments and SailFish Gulf Suites are both terrific too. On the other end of the island, near Bean Point, we love The Blue Dolphin Inn, check it out too!

Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay on AMI

Oh wow!!!!! now I am really confused!!! I looked at Sailfish and loved it....I need some real expert help here now.....Angelinos...Sailfish.....White Sands.....Seaside.....OH MY!!!!! Blue dolphin is not on the beach is it???? Oh and I forgot Coconuts and what about Cedar Cove and then there is Tradewinds....

Is it really true that you do not need a car on Anna Maria? Does the trolley relly take you everywhere and does it run consistently????

Also what is the best time to go in the summer?....June? July? August?

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island