We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolphin watching

Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
dolphin watching

I e-mailed Lil Toot Charters to get some rates for watching some dolphins and some fishing, however, I have not recieved any reply. Not interested in deep sea fishing, anyone have a suggestion?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dolphin watching

I heared that Capt. Kathe has a dolphin tour but we never did it... I guess we have to try it next time in summer!

:-)

Here is the website:

http://www.captkathe.com/findcaptainkathe

phone: 941 - 812 - 3241

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
594 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dolphin watching

You could also try Captain Kim - www.kimscharters.net or tel: 941 920 3307

I emailed Capt Kathe and phoned her and didn't get a response. Within hours of emailing Kim she'd got back to me with suggestions and a booking slot.

Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dolphin watching

Thank you for your replies, I will check them out............dan

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dolphin watching

superdan624100, Don't know when you are going to the island, but would be interested in hearing how your dolphin watch goes. We will be there week aft the 4th of July and want to take our 4 yr old granddaughter. Something that I would have always liked to do but always ran out of time. She gives me a good excuse to make sure that we do!!!!!

Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dolphin watching

Going from 05/18 to 05/24; plan on writing a report. We haven't recieved any responses from 2 e-mails I sent, so, I am guessing they are quite busy.

Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dolphin watching

Has anyone ever recieved a response from Lil toot or Captain Kim?? Captain Kathe's reference to "Yankee Carpetbaggers" left her off the list; I am guessing I'll just have to rent a boat myself, it would beat waiting for a response that never comes.......

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
594 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dolphin watching

See my reply above - Cap Kim responded to me within a few hours of sending her an email. She was really helpful and advised us the best times to go out on the boat and has tailored a tour to suit the whole family. We are going 22nd May so I'll post a report.

Level Contributor
1,452 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dolphin watching

missmilly..........I e-mailed her and have NOT received a response yet, just feeling frustrated in NOT receiving from anyone that I e-mailed

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: dolphin watching

I would call her---it's easier for people who are out on boats all day to access voicemail and make calls w/ a cell phone vs. sit down to do email.

Never-the-less, Capt Kim got back to us promptly, let us design the excursion, and we're booked for the end of May. Good luck.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: dolphin watching

We just left the island and ended up renting our own pontoon boat for the day and saw dolphins literally next to our boat. It is just the luck of the draw. We happened to be under a bridge in the area of Longboat Key and there they were! The kids were ecstatic and we got some great photos. BTW, we had minimal boating experience and found it very easy to operate!

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island