We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day for Busch Gardens??

Phillipsburg, New...
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 day for Busch Gardens??

Is it worth it to visit BG for the day? Is 1 day enough?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

Hi

We were on Anna Maria Island last year and it is an easy drive to BG. I thought that one day was enough although we did go back with the rest of our family when they arrived on AMI.

It really is a good day out and in my opinion better than the Disney parks. The rides are very good and sheikra is fantastic. Our children loved the log flume rides - take a set of dry clothes as we ended up buying towels and dry clothes.

It really is worth the trip I hope that you enjoy it.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

Definitely worth it, especially if your kids are old enough for roller coasters. But even if they're not, it's still a lot of fun! One day is enough to see/do everything, IMO.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

IMO one day is enough unless you go at a busy time of year and / or want to do any "extras" like the safari ( feed giraffes etc ). Easy drive from AMi to Busch Gardens and well worth the visit - my favourite park.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

To echo others, yes, BG is definitely worth visiting - even for one day! Get there nice and early and if you can, get yourselves on the Safari Tour and feed the giraffes! One of the best experiences of my life!

There was a huge thunderstorm during the afternoon, which meant that the rides were temporarily closed, but that didn't effect us as we didn't go for them... And the shower of rain was a bit of a relief as it was a pretty hot day!

Of all the Florida parks we've done, this was one of the best and we thoroughly enjoyed the day - and it's about an hour's drive from AMI.

(11 days and counting down till we return for our 3rd holiday on AMI!)...

Ali x

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

Yes- it's worth the trip for one day. The trouble is, the second day is free and you may find that you are tempted to return.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

Good point by steveoxuk re thunderstorms, due to the risk caused by lightening the rides do stop. One of the Park Staff told me that the rides regularly get struck by lightening - So, make sure you check the weather before you go!!

Phillipsburg, New...
Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

Thanks!!

We do like the rides & coasters.If we arrive when they open(midweek-August).Do you think we can do the safari and get on most of the rides/coasters in 1 day? How are the lines? Any other info about BG would be great! I will check out the Tampa forum too.

I dont think we will want to leave AMI for me than just one day :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

We went to BG weekday Aug last year but did not do the safari. A day was plenty even though we missed a couple of hours due to bad weather. Check the BG web site it is quite good. As a previous poster has said if you buy a one day ticket you can go again for free. It is a great park and I would advise you to go, it isn't too far from AMI. We ended up going back when the rest of our family joined us in AMI. Brother and sister in law went back with our children to the water park and had a great day there. I went with Hubby and his parents to St Petes - fantastic - the Dali museum was great. Also if you like crazy golf there is a good one on Bridge St in AMI and an even better one in Bradenton (with aligators). Absolutely envious of your trip to AMI - paradise.

9. Re: 1 day for Busch Gardens??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 05:19