We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Far.....Wonderful!!!!!

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
So Far.....Wonderful!!!!!

...as I knew it would be!!!

We arrived Sat late morning, got rental car and were on our way. Stopped in Bradenton at 5 Guys and had a really good burger. We did not stop at the grocery on the way to the island as we were all pooped!! (We had to leave for the airport at 3am and the day was getting pretty long as each minute passed.)

The plan was to get a nap and get groceries later, later ultimately became Sunday!!

Of course when we got to our "house" I had to go say hello...to the beach! We brought with us our 4yr old granddaughter. She has been the best. No fussing, no whinning, she has just been great!(Her mother will never believe us!!) I do believe that she may have inherited the "beach" gene from her gigi!

After our nap we ventured to "Oma's" and had great pizza. We hurried back to the house as fireworks were getting ready to start.

What a sight....they were really, really nice. One thing that I can mark off my list of things to do..fireworks on the beach!! Thank-you Sandbar!!!

Sunday we had "All you can eat pancakes" at Cafe on the Beach. Pancakes were great. Ventured to the grocery next, lots of groceries, as usual.

Came back to the house and spent time on the beach. Our daughter and husband arrived and we went to eat at the Sandbar. Gave in to eating inside as the wait outside was an hour. To eat inside was 15/20 min. First time we have ever had to wait. Food was good, Calamari was wonderful! Service was good, food was good also, but we all love the Calamari.

Monday, the guys went fishing, and had an enjoyable time on the boat, but no fish!!

We ladies spent our time on the beach, walking, picking up a few shells, and playing in the water.

Monday evening the guys were playing on boogie boards and had a few dolphins right by them, but did not realize as they were paying attention to the waves. Onlookers on the beach were trying to tell them, but they did not hear them. This was the night we went looking for sand dollars and saw the people with the bucket full of brown ones. (Thanks for replying to my post on this. I was sure that was not the thing to do.)

Tuesday my husband and one of our boys went fishing again, and had a really good day. They caught a bunch of fish, saw a "pod" of dolphins, a sea turtle, a manatee, and the coast gurard doing some training that was interesting to see. Our granddaughter went to Sea World with aunt and uncle. Gigi spent her day on the beach walking and reading. My kind of perfect day!! For dinner we went to the Sun House. This was our first time there. From reading posts in the past we asked to sit on the balcony, but that was short lived as we soon started to feel rain sprinkles!! Moved inside and ordered. Everything was very good and our waitress was really friendly and sweet. We will visit again.

Wednesday..my husband, son and grandbaby will be leaving to go back to Indiana and I have the rest of the week here with our daughter and her husband.....

And so my story shall continue when I get home...probably will be pretty boring as this gigi loves to just be on the beach..watching, listening, feeling, and touching....

1. Re: So Far.....Wonderful!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 08:27
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island