We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

In our news yesterday, a couple from Indiana were recently married at the restaurant and after the wedding, which went off beautifully, the bride had stowed the dress in a garbage bag. Well you can guess what happened - it was put out in the trash and subsequently hauled off to the dump.

A Sandbar employee went to the dump to search for it and found it intact.

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

The Indiana couple are good friends of ours and we just attended their reception here at home. The bride told me that once they discovered the boo-boo her dad and the employee went to the dump and were told what area to look. After lots of bags of "who knows what" they did find the dress!! Miracle!! It was intact, had 2 small spots on the front,and smelled terrible!!! The Sandbar is taking care of all the cleaning and storing of the dress and sending it back to Indiana to her!!!! We LOVE the Sandbar and now we can have another reason to brag about it!!!!

Would love to see the article, and I am sure she would to. Is there a web site where we can see it?

Thanks for posting this, I was just getting ready to and looked thru the other posts and saw you already had. She knew that there was to be an article but I don't think she thought it would be so soon.

Salem, Indiana
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

Just "googled" and found the article!! She will be excited!!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

I just did too ... is it this one you found:

bradenton.com/vin_mannix/story/1568412.html

The story was on our local tv news but the Bradenton Herald article is probably better.

Small world that another TA forum member would actually know the couple. Give them my congratulations. AMI is my favorite beach place.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

That is a great story, thanks for sharing wih us.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

Here are a couple more websites that have the story. One has a video of the actual tv news item I heard.

It would be a nice keepsake - I hope they know how to save the websites.

myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/sun_coast/A…

allfloridablog.com/a-dirty-dig-for-the-big-d…

6. Re: Kudos To Sandbar Restaurant Employees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 06:34
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island