We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bradenton Farmers Market?

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bradenton Farmers Market?

Hi everyone! I'm about to embark on my 4th visit to AMI and from this forum, saw that there is a farmers market in Bradenton. I saw one poster mention it wasn't that great for vegetables.

I was planning on stopping there on the way from the Tampa airport, and I have a huge list of veggies and fruits I wanted to pick up. Do you think it is worth the time? Or would I be just as well off at Publix? Any opinions would be great. I also was hoping to get some artisan breads and cheeses at the market. I've never been, so I'm not sure exactly what is offered. We will be arriving this Saturday. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Liz

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

There is no comparison between any farmers market and any supermarket, IMO. I don't remember there being cheese there and there will be in season fruits and veggies, not necessarily your list. For good cheese I would go to the Anna Maria Olive Oil Company which is well stocked for cheese. The farmers market is only about 5 minutes out of your way from the airport, so worth a stop.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

Farmer's Market, downtown, about 12 th St West off Manatee Ave. (rt. 64). They should have locally produced veggies--at this time, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, corn Also melons, maybe strawberreis, although they are about done. Florida peaches are in, as are blueberries. A few minutes stop, and you will have a bunch of fresh stuff to start the week. I know they have baked goods but did not see cheese last week.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

Can I ask when it starts on Saturday? Is stuff gone by a certain time? I know our local farmers market tends to sell out of a lot of stuff by 10 am! Would love to pick up some locally grown stuff for our vacay when there in May.

Coming in Friday evening May 13th and staying in Bradenton because we want to go to the Food and Wine on Pine Saturday. It will be a great way to kill time until we can get into the house we rented.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

It starts early, but still has some stuff left later in the morning. We were there about 10 last week, and there was plenty of produce left.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

Thanks everyone! I won't be able to get there until about 12:30 due to when our flight gets in, but I will definitely make the stop.

Ventura, California
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

this is great info - we'll be on AMI late June - early July and am always looking for farm-fresh produce. Just to confirm...the farmers market is on Saturdays in downtown Bradenton off 12th Street? thanks!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

It will have probably ended by then, as there is not a lot of local produce in the summer (too hot, it burns out). There are other produce markets around, if I remember correctly there is one on Cortez Rd W. I will look for it and let you know where exactly. That would be closest to the island. There is a large, really good market in Sarasota on Palmer (near I 75/Fruitville Rd. area). I go to the one in Sarasota weekly, and they usually have a wide variety of stuff.

8. Re: Bradenton Farmers Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island