We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choosing rental

Monticello,IN
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help choosing rental

My husband & I are trying To decide between two rentals on the north end of the island. Rest ashore cottage on North Bay Blvd. , and Pineapple cottage on Pine Ave. We want to be able to walk to restaurants &shops & bike on quiet streets. Has anyone rented either of these properties or know where they are located to give us some advice? We are planning on coming in November. Thank you!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choosing rental

Very similar properties, both on the north end, both have nice private pools and are in a tropical setting. I would think the main difference is that Rest Ashore has a little bit of a view of the bay and within walking distnce to Bean Pointe which is an awesome little hideaway beach. You might get better breezes there as you are closer to the water. If i had to choose I would choose Rest Ashore because of the location.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help choosing rental

Both places look pretty good and both provide good biking in the area. I guess it depends on how close you want to be to shops and restaurants. Rest Ashore is very close to Rod & Reel, not so close to the shops and restaurants around Pine Ave. From Pine you can walk to Sandbar, Waterfront, City Pier, Village cafe and a number of cute shops in no time.

I guess it is a matter of perception as far as walking from Rest Ashore to the shops and restaurants on Pine Ave. Someone who is used to walking and biking would proabably not think it is any big deal to go from Rest Ashore to Pine. Check it out on google maps.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help choosing rental

Pineapple is cute but it right in the thick of things, downtown. Not really a residential setting. If you don't mind being in the business district, the Pineapple would be fine. Although downtown is not that large.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 01:46
Monticello,IN
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help choosing rental

Thanks for all of your replays. Does anyone know approximately how many blocks or miles it is from rest ashore to the pine ave shops & restaurants? I looked at google earth but it's a little hard to judge the distance.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help choosing rental

it is a ten minute walk.

6. Re: Help choosing rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island