We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Cork
Level Contributor
629 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

What is the main differance ? I am getting conflicting vibes. Maybe there is not a definite answer to the Question? I am arriving for the first time in May for one week and it all looks fab..... But I dont want to book and then say I should have booked the other. We want the beach by day and a meal out at night and then a few drinks afterwards in a nice bar where we will meet some people to have a social chat.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Bradenton Beach will have more walkable bars and restaurants. The trolley stops running about 10 PM, so if you want to be out later, it is nice to be able to walk "home". The beach is basically the same, although a bit wider in Holmes Beach area. Bradenton Beach is more active, Holmes Beach more residential. Hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton Beach
Bradenton Beach
Anna Maria Island, FL
Holmes Beach
Holmes Beach
Anna Maria Island, FL
Cork
Level Contributor
629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Thank you so much. I had the wrong idea I am so glad I asked as I thought it was the other way around. We will now go with Brandeton beach. Thank you Kris

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Duffy, did you take a look at the Pelican Post video that I suggested? It shows how close they are to the beach and also shows the little village there on Bridgewalk which is in Bradenton Beach.

I like Bradenton Beach because of the places we like to go to, Moose Lodge, BeachHouse, BridgeTender, City Pier, Oma's Pizza, Sports Bar & Drift-Inn.

If you decide on that area also take a look at Queens Gate, it's affordable and is a great little place.

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton Beach
Bradenton Beach
Anna Maria Island, FL
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

There are also two new bars. One is the Tiki hut bar at Gulf Drive Cafe, the other is on the first floor of Bridge Street Bistro. I have a neighbor who regularly performs at the Tiki hut.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,151 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

So the tiki hut is open now? What are their hours and do they serve any food?

Iowa
Level Contributor
244 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Where is the "Sports Bar"? I see it on Google map, but doesn't look like there is anything there!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

The sports bar is on Bridgestreet right beside the Post Office and across the street from the mini golf course.

Iowa
Level Contributor
244 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

Thanks - the map showed it right by the Moose Lodge, which I didn't think was right. 10 days to go - can now see the long term forecast for arrival - says thunderstorms, but things can change!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

The Tiki bar is open. I think the food comes from Gulf Drive Cafe, and they do have weddings, etc. some nights in the Tiki Hut. They also have tables outside with umbrellas, for the nights the Tiki is closed.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brandeton Beach V's Holmes Beach

I just googled Gulf Drive Cafe Tiki Bar. They plan on their own menu in the future, but for now you can order anything off their inside menu. Haven't been there yet, except for breakfast one day, but a nice setting, and another perfect spot for dining with you toes in the sand.

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island