We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowded in May?

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Crowded in May?

How crowded is the island in early May? We will be arriving on May 5th for a week. A few years ago, we were in Naples at the same time. It was delightfully uncrowded and we were able to walk into any restaurant with no wait. Just wondering if the situation is similar on AMI.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowded in May?

It will not be crowqded. May is a beautiful time on the island. Good weather, the water warming up, no crowds, get right in to restaurants. Enjoy!

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowded in May?

I agree with Chris. May is my favourite time on the island , the weather's beautiful, there's very little traffic and it's easy to get into restaurants. You'll have a wonderful time I'm sure. We too arrive on May 5th.

3. Re: Crowded in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2012, 22:35
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowded in May?

Thank you. Just what I was hoping to hear, especially since I believe I read on this forum that most restaurants do not take reservations. Our vacation preferences include a beautiful beach, laid back atmosphere without the glitz, and plenty of good restaurants. Sounds like this will fit the bill!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowded in May?

You will love AMI in early May. We went the first week of May, two years ago (can't do it any more due to kids' school), and it was pure bliss. Enjoy!

scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowded in May?

I'm sorry that my last 2 posts seem to have appeared in duplicate. I don't know why that should be other than I a techno idiot. Sorry also Kris for misspelling your name. Can anyone tell me if Sign of the Mermaid is still going as I've been unable to access their web site and wondered if they had perhaps gone down .

Mentioned in this post
Sign of The Mermaid
Sign of The Mermaid
785 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowded in May?

We had lunch at Sign of the Mermaid a few weeks ago.

Mentioned in this post
Sign of The Mermaid
Sign of The Mermaid
785 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowded in May?

Thank you. Will look forward to eating there

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Crowded in May?

Just checked their website. Looks like a very nice restaurant. I think we will try it when we visit. Triker, maybe we'll run into you there :)

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crowded in May?

Triker, to get rid of a duplicate post hit "report inappropriate content". That will give you a bunch of options, one of which says "duplicate post". Hit on that and it's done. I just did that on one of your two messages so hopefully it will magically disappear before long.

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island