We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Inn

Mold, Wales, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Tortuga Inn

Hi, I am looking to book maybe 5 or 6 nights on Anna Maria Island and seem to think that Bradenton Beach would serve us well- two adults and boys of 10 and 16 - first trip to this area!. After many hours spent looking on the internet I think we may have settled on the Tortuga Inn- only problem is which accommodation?!! We are looking at Palm Court North, 2nd floor 2 bed apartment or Palm Court South 2 bed apartment overlooking pool with private deck, this is more expensive and available for less time - not sure which to go for- has anybody stayed here or familiar with the place? Have tried to find a map of the Tortuga resort to see where all accommodations are but with no luck. We had really wanted to stay on the beach but this looks like a more affordable and spacious option. I would be so grateful of any help in this area as I am so confused and hoping to book in the next couple of days. Many Thanks

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Inn

Cannot help with which unit, have not stayed there. I would say whatever has enough room for the family would work. This is a great location on the island, and you will not be disappointed. It is not a huge development, which is likely why there is no map. When are you coming? LaCosta is directly on the beach, and may have availability.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Inn

I'd check out LaCosta if you want to stay on the beach. However, Tortuga is wonderful and so close to the beach, shops and restaurants. We stayed in the Gulf-view Studio. I believe they gave us a map of the place when we checked in so you may want to call the office and see if they could email you one.

All the units look great so I would stay longer at the lower price.

We plan on returning.

Mold, Wales, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga Inn

Thanks for your replies - very helpful - am now liking the look of La Costa - just need to find out if they do rentals for 5 days. Does anybody know? Can anybody recommend a unit in La Costa? Would need to have one king and two twins. Thanks.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga Inn

Call Dan Talley at LaCosta, and he can tell you if any shorter term rentals are available. It does depend on when you are coming. It is high season right now, and many are rented for months instead of days. Summer is also busy, but may have some possibilities. If you can do 6 nights it might be cost effective to do a week, and just not use the last night.

Mold, Wales, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuga Inn

Thanks for this advice - do you know If Dan Talley can be contacted by email? It might be easier than calling him from the Uk. If no email then I will try and get hold of him by phone - do I use the phone number on the website? IYO are there any preferred units at La Costa? We would need a king bed and two twins.

Thanks

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortuga Inn

Not sure configuration of units, have only stayed in a couple with king/queen or queen/queen. I think there is an e-mail for him on the website.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortuga Inn

I answered your message Andy and my vote also goes for LaCosta because it is right on the beach. I'm not sure what time of year you are planning to visit but if you call Dan I am sure he will work out a great deal for you and your family, If that doesnt work, Tortuga is a great place too and I like the Pal Court South becasue of the private balcony.

8. Re: Tortuga Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:27