We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to Eat at AMI

Basingstoke, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Best Places to Eat at AMI

My hubby and I are staying at Bradenton Beach for 10 wonderful days in November. We will be celebrating his 40th and would love to take him somewhere really special for a birthday dinner. Can anyone reccommend somewhere, maybe on the beach (during sunset) etc? We will have a hire car so can travel further if need be, but ideally somewhere from walking distnace of the trolley as that stops right outside our condo, and then we can both have a drink :)

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton Beach
Bradenton Beach
749 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

Beach Bistro is the most highly rated on the island, directly on the beach, and take reservations. Bridge Street Bistro is closer ti where you will be staying, on the third floor with a balcony overlooking the beach, and good food and service. they also take reservations.

Mentioned in this post
Bridge Street Bistro
Bridge Street Bistro
847 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

Depends on how much you really want to spend.

As Kris said, Beach Bistro is really high end ... Fab view, great service and normally exellent food. But pricey!!

Bridge Street Bisto is on the 3rd level and overlooks the Bay and the Beach. Great location and good food. (still singing at sunset??) Oh, very good Cocktails!

My bet would be (as usual) the Beach House Restaurant. Directly ON the Beach with live Music, Sunset and gorgeous views. Service seems hit or miss and food generally ok... (We know what to order so it is exellent!)

The other options are Sand Bar, Gulf Drive Cafe or Cafe on the Beach.

If you like the Bay, there is Rotten Ralph´s Restaurant, Seafood Shack, Bridgetender Inn or the Waterfront.

Or Mar Vista on Longboat Key, which belongs to the Sandbar and Beach House.

Mentioned in this post
Bridge Street Bistro
Bridge Street Bistro
847 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Beach House Restaurant
Beach House Restaurant
3,254 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Gulf Drive Cafe
Gulf Drive Cafe
1,225 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Seafood Shack
Seafood Shack
721 Reviews
Cortez, FL
New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

Here is a link to Beach Bistro website with a web cam to give you a little taster. I have never eaten here only because there are so many great places and have never got round to booking a table. Its on my to do list.

beachbistro.com/About/…Default.aspx

My recommendations would be The Sandbar and The Waterfront. Both are near a trolley stop, The Sandbar right on the beach and the Waterfront is on the bay with water views if you sit outside but with great food. I love them both. Both have a website so you can see the menus there beforehand.

I'm not sure about November but September /October sunset is around 7.30 and people tend to eat earlier in Anna Maria so you will find that you will need to go out earlier than you probably would at home. Also the trolley stops around 10pm.

Mentioned in this post
Anna Maria
Anna Maria
Anna Maria Island, FL
AMI
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

My favorite place for really good food on the Island is.....(don't tell anyone I don't want it to get overly crowded) Eat Here. Easily accessible by trolley so you can enjoy the wine and good beer. Not on the water but a special place. For on the water outdoor dining, Sandbar or Beachhouse. Food is acceptable and the the ambiance is exceptional.

I have neither the funds nor the desire to try Beach Bistro, but if it is better than it's little brother, Eat Here, it would be outstanding.

Mentioned in this post
Sandbar Restaurant
Sandbar Restaurant
4,172 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
essen, germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

onh2o, can you give us a quick review of Eat Here?

We will be on the island again this summer. Only 10 nights so not too many choices for dinner (sooooo many MUST do´s :-))

But really want to try something new. What about Eat Here in comparison to Lobstahs?

Haven´t been to Sharky´s and Mr.Bones in years...

Hmm... Sooooo many great places on the island!!

On one hand it is awesome, on the other hand... Well... WHERE to go!!???

Mentioned in this post
Mr. Bones
Mr. Bones
829 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

I would highly recommend the bridge street bistro- make a reservation for around sunset and ask for outside dining!

Great food.

Good Service.

Price is reasonable.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

I have to agree with onh2o the food at Eat Here is super but for me its not somewhere for a special meal.

Floridianer - here is the review I posted earlier in the year for our trip last October. It will most certainly be on my must do list next visit.

The food here really is fab. In fact we enjoyed it so much that we came back on our last night. Service was very good. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and even the wine was good value. Portion sizes were fine. My only gripe and I am surprised that no one else has mentioned it is that the place looked like it needed a good clear up. Everywhere you look there seems to be boxes stacked up and under benches are more boxes. Also a shopping mall parking lot is not where I would want to sit outside so for me its an indoor venue.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

Beach Bistro is always my number one choice for a special night, but Sign of the Mermaid has the most amazing desserts!

Mentioned in this post
Sign of The Mermaid
Sign of The Mermaid
785 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
essen, germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

Janine, thanks for that! Sounds really good and looks like we are going to try both then, Eat here and Lobstahs. I know what you mean about the outside seating areas...

I am usually the only one mentioning the Waterfront outside area is directly located on the street. Nice view, no matter what but still: directly ON the road.

That´s why we never tried it (YET) because I think that a good seating area should be separated (Rotten Ralph´s, Beach House, many many others. But f.e. the Waterfront again, people just walk by, watching your food.

Sign of the mermaid was on our MUST DO list since years. The Red Snapper Carribean Style (not on the menue) is SUPERB and the steak yummy. The Shrimps with spinach for appetizers and the seared rare tuna is wonderful. BUT, as I mentioned a lot of times. For a really good dinner with a wonderful athmosphere (and a lot of beer) I need proper Restrooms (to say the least). And these are HORRIBLE at Sign of the Mermaid, and when we were there last year(Meals FAB again) we decided not to go back there until we read somewhere that it is renourished.

We are going back to Bridge Street Bistro this year. Were there 2 years ago (Sun House) and it was our last night. We were set on a great steak and this was not on the menue. So we left after a few drinks. Have to try it again with the new menue!

Soooo, please keep your recommendations comming!! I love reading stuff like this!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Sign of The Mermaid
Sign of The Mermaid
785 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Bridge Street Bistro
Bridge Street Bistro
847 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Places to Eat at AMI

I go out to eat more than I should. Frankly it is really tough after going to alot of restaurants more than 50 times to not have one bad meal. Most consistently good - Hurricane Hanks. I have never had a bad meal there. Another recent favorite (Last 1.5 yrs) being added to the list is The Feast. In the past year I take family and friends there who order a wide array of food and they all leave very happy. The Feast is the best place for larger groups as they can handle 20+ which is tough on the island. The Feast has meals around $20. For a nice lunch I like the Waterfront.

Mentioned in this post
Hurricane Hanks
Hurricane Hanks
785 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
The Feast Restaurant
The Feast Restaurant
867 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL