We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

Have never been to Anna Maria but sounds like my cup of tea. From what I have researched the north end is the most pristine. Now I am trying to find a rental on the water for two people up near Bean Point. I think I want gulf side. Any suggestions . My head is spinning. Can someone recommend some rentals to look up in this area to accomodate 2. Thanks in advance

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

I can highly recommend Sunrise Gardens on the north end. We just spend a weekend there and if privacy is what you are looking for I can tell you that this is the place. It is very tropical with beautiful landscaping and a great pool area with comfortable tiki huts, loungers and soft lighting at night in the pool. We stayed in a studio, #11 and it had a small kitchenette with stove, fridge and counter space. They also have 1 bedrooms that have more room if you need that. They are located in a quite area but you can easily walk to the piers, restaurants and shopping on Pine Street. Bean Pointe is only a few blocks away and is my favorite spot to see the sunset.

Check out their website, that will give you a better feel for the property. Spence is the owner and he will be happy to help you with anything that you need. They also have another property called Palm Tree Villas and they are doing some major landscape renovations and will have that property ready in 2013. You might like that one too, just talk to Spence and let him know what you are looking for.

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

Thanks RustyKat for the above suggestions. They both look like wonderful properties but we want to be directly on the beach. Can you comment on Wheelers White Sands or Wheelers Point from Mike Norman. Which has more privacy with unobstructed views from the porch. Thanks in advance.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

I understand wanting to be directly on the water, nothing like hearing the waves coming ashore. Whitesands is and older property, its been there as long as I can remember and it has been a while since I have stayed there but I have relatives who stay there every summer and they love it. The only thing is you will not have a lot of privacy, it is more of a motel type property with rooms on each side of you and they open out to the pool area.

We use Mike Norman and they are very good and should be able to find you something you would like, they have a lot of little gulf front cottages that might give you the privacy that you are requesting.

You might also try The Harrington House B&B, it is not all the way on the north end but in that direction, they have rooms in the restored house but also have a properties next door that have really nice suites with kitchens and you can use their facilities that include a wonderful breakfast each morning and cookies in the afternoon. They are all on the beach and have wonderful view.

Take a look at Coconuts too, they are little more modern and you might like them. Also, Mainsail Inn is a beautiful place but quite pricy, take a look.

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

RustyKat- input on Bamboo Apts. Is it too close to commercial area? More residential the better. Any other options?Thanks again for your suggestions.Private homes seem to be out of our budget. Loved Seagrape but too much$$$.

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

Sunrise Gardens has sparked my interest but am worried that it is not on the ocean. Grounds look lovely. We like to take a rolling cooler with lunch and drinks to the beach. How far a walk would it be to get to the beach. Also we would not have chairs and umbrella. Does the hotel provide these or do we have to lug this back and forth each day. Advice greatly appreciated. Going in August am worried that ocean breezes would not be strong to sit out around the pool.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

cygnetNewYork, if you are talking about 103 seagrape, we stayed there in 2011 and loved it, BUT I cannot get over how much they raised the rent on that one! We went in May and it was $1699/wk, now they want $2899 for May. Yeouch!

Anyway, take a look at this one just down the street (I love the area). It is really cute. And it is only $300 more than Coconuts. Worth it in my opinion for the location and privacy with beachfront. It is rented through Anna Maria Paradise, I have rented from them, and have for my trip next Aug.

Check it out!

annamariaparadise.com/beachhouseatbeanpoint.…

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

Bamboo Apartments are right on the beach and really unique, very "Old Florida" which I love. They have a couple that have the gulf view and have recently been renovated. Alice is the Owner and a realy nice host, I would recommend them and the area.

A couple of other places come to mind now that I know more what you are looking for, check out Sailfish Gulf Suites, right on the beach and great for two people, we like Suite #1. They have a great little deck that you walk right out the door and bam, you are in the sand. Jeannie is the host a great lady.

Also, I thingk might really like Angelino's Sea Lodge, we like the upper level suite, there are only four there so there is a lot of privacy and lots of shade to sit under and feel the cool breeze off the water.

Going back to Sunrise Gardens, they have beach equipment for you to use and the walk to the beach is a few blocks away but look more closely at Palm Tree Villas, each suite has little carts that you can use to take your things to the beach and the beach is just a block away, across the street. If you call Spence, he owns both properties he will be glad to answer your questions and is a pleasure to talk to even if you dont rent from him. We have stayed at both properties and love them both and Palm Tree Villas is getting a total landscape renovation so by the time you come it will have the feel of Sunrise Gardens.

I will post this on the forum closer to the date but if you ever watch House Hunters, they are actually doing a segment on Spence and his family and the Sunrsie Gardens, it will air on September 3rd on HGTV, I cant wait to see it.

new york
Level Contributor
396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

Thank you Rusty Kat for your insight and suggestions and also shpedly for your recommendation. You have been so helpful and so appreciate your recommendations. As I research I am sure you will hear back from me again. You have been so helpful.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

And Thank you both for many suggestions for us to look at. We are just starting and love the island but didn't have a clue as to how to find what you, cygnetNew York are also looking for so now we have a marvelous starting point. Thank you both.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North End Rental for 2-Privacy wanted- August 2013

We have stayed at Cedar Cove resort before we moved to Sarasota, and a couple of times since then. The first time we checked in they made us feel right at home within 5 minutes of arrival. It would depend on what you looking for in location, and amenities but for a comfortable place to stay to relax and be yourself I love this place. From any of the rooms you will be either overlooking the ocean or just walk a couple hundred feet from the your door with your cooler and be sitting on the beach. In the past their area of the beach has never been crowded at all, and it was nice to relax with a drink, and then hop on the trolley and go out for a bit.