We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent a car

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to rent a car

We are flying into Tampa on Dec 21st. Where do wevrent a car?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent a car

Right at the airport.

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent a car

Any particular chain?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent a car

Would be best to have a reservation before you leave on the trip. Search the websites of the regulars for the best rate.

Virginia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent a car

I have had great results with last minute rentals through Hotwire. We have gotten rates as low as $8 or $9 per day with the reputable firms that they use.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to rent a car

Since you will be renting during a holiday period, you may find it hard to get a discount due to blackout dates. Try using some of the codes found at www.mousesavers.com

I have had success with Dollar and Budget during the holidays.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to rent a car

Find your lowest price now and book it. You can always cancel without any penalty, even up to the day of arrival. (I don't know if this works with Hotwire, though. It does work on Expedia, Travelocity and with each of the rental car companies). Since it is a Holiday period I suspect the prices will only be going up, not down, but you might get lucky.

7. Re: Where to rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:19