We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to AMI

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time to AMI

we are thinking of coming down to AMI for family vacation (kids 7 and 10) in august . have heard nothing but great things about AMI. i've been to the keys before and sanibel island so am familiar with the island scene. however not sure if there is enough for our kids to do my daughter would be just fine picking shells for 4 hours but my son (10) is always looking for the action (water parks, rides, etc)

.....have seen there is mini golf, sailing, fishing.....what else would be there for them? places nearby?busch gardens in tampa is out of the question at $80 each.

thanks for any help

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to AMI

There really isn't any water parks or that sort of thing around Anna Maria. Mote aquarium is nice and my kids really enjoy kayaking in the mangroves with almost heaven tours, we always go out at least once with capt.Kathe,a 2 hour trip with her is fun, sandbar jumping,looking for manatee, sharks, sand dollars, ect. Is always fun and educational with capt.Kathe. Fishing off the piers, jet skiing, renting bikes and riding around the island are all things my kids really enjoy, but no water parks around, just the beautiful gulf of Mexico!

Edited: 02 January 2013, 10:48
2. Re: first time to AMI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 01:16