We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Hello. Can anyone provide a comparison between these areas? I'm looking for a family friendly area (2 boys, 8 and 12) with relaxing beaches and community. Need to make my reservations in the next couple of days. Thanks!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Look to your left of this screen and click on photo's & videos and go through these photos, this will show what the island really looks like. Now, go to the St. Pete/clearwater forum and do the same. Big difference, you decide.

Edited: 01 February 2013, 03:19
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Been to AMI 5 times cant go to anywhere else along the west coast because i am afraid it just wont match up. We tell all our friends and those who go always return... We now talk about "island life" and the sunsets that are well worth the bell ringing and clamping that you experience in the local eateries. But sorry cant bring myself to go to Clearwater ... Although we have looked... We love AMI and there is so much we haven't done yet!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Been to AMI 5 times cant go to anywhere else along the west coast because i am afraid it just wont match up. We tell all our friends and those who go always return... We now talk about "island life" and the sunsets that are well worth the bell ringing and clamping that you experience in the local eateries. But sorry cant bring myself to go to Clearwater ... Although we have looked... We love AMI and there is so much we haven't done yet!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,594 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

I agree, you can't compare AMI with those 3.

but there are a few places that do compare with AMI maybe Sanibel, captiva, gasparilla island. But AMI is special

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

Thanks, everyone. Made reservations in AMI for the last week of March. Now I need to start on the itinerary... :-)

6. Re: St. Pete's Beach/Pass-A-Grille/Clearwater vs AMI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island