We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Hi we are hoping to visit AMI with our five year old daughter this April. We have visited both Naples and Siesta Key before and taken day trips to Sanibel and Captiva.

Where would be best for us to stay? We loved the beach at Siesta Key but we would like to be within walking distance of the town for restaurants etc. We also like to have a cafe or beach bar if at all possible on the beach (they don't seem to go in for that too much in Florida!)

We want an apartment or villa rental but not sure where to focus our search

Thanks in advance

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Given AMI has a free trolley to get around, I'd look at what is still available and choose that way. you will find better availability and prices in the secnd half of April after Easter.

I like the northern end of the island, Anna Maria City beach area. the beach is a lot like SK there, and is residential but there are some good beach/waterfront eateries plus the Piers areas.

But Bradenton Beach is near Bridge Street and the restaurants/shops there pluse the Minigolf.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Take a look at La Costa Condo's, they are 2/2bath condo's right on the beach with covered parking, tennis court, great pool that is right on the beach and a perfect location for walkiing to restaurants and shopping. Marbella Villas are next door and it is also a good option.

If you looking at this year, you may have a problem as availablility may be hard to find, it is a very busy time on the island. I suggest you start your search soon and if you find a place and need help or opinoins, we are here for you.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 18:03
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Thanks for the replies. I have found a few rentals that have pools that are available, one at 67th Street, one at 42nd Street and one that says it is near coconut breeze beach?

I have also found Palm Tree Villas which look like they would suit our needs - not sure what that location is like. Any thoughts?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

That location is a quiet part of the island. About a block from the beach, but very quiet streets. There are also trolley stops very close.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Palm tree villas is in a nice quiet area on 66th. Owners have a great reputation and take care of their property and guests.

Not much difference with 67th st unless the house is on the east side of Holmes Blvd. Then it would be a bit of a hike to the beach.

42nd would for sure be a hike to the beach..

Coconut Breeze Beach I haven't heard of, but there is a house called coconut breeze in holmes beach looks to be marketed by Duncan real estate through vrbo, is that it?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Yes that would be it, but I canty work out where it is

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

I can highly commend Palm Tree Villas, we just spent New Years holiday there and it was wonderful. The suites are spotless and spacious, nice updated kitchens & baths and the grounds have just been recently renovated and have a very tropical feel. It is just a short walk down to the beach and they provide little wagons that you can carry your stuff in. It has great little patior in that back with grills. The area is very good, near the Piers and Pine Ave, where you will find lots of shops & cafes. Spence is a wonderful host and will help you with all your needs.

You may also want to check out his other property, Sunrise Gardens, we have stayed there also and it is a lovely place.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Thanks, I'm waiting to hear back from Palm Tree Villas as to the availabillity. What about nearer to the public beach at Manatee? I have seen the Anna Maria Island Beach resort and also Bradenton Beach club have come up on availability searches

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

I can't help with Anna Maria Island Resort, but we have stayed at Bradenton Beach Club several times. The location is in Bradenton Beach, about 1 trolley stop North of Bridge Street. Most of the units (numbered) are across the street from the beach, while a few units (lettered) are Gulf-front. There are two pools, and the waterfront area is very nice. There is also a nice bay-side pier. HTH.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anna Maria Stay April this year - advice needed

Thanks, I will take another look at the Bradenton Beach Club. I have also seen a condo at the Anna Maria Island Club Condominiums, and I have the place at Palm Tree Villas as an option (at least for now!) - am just dithering as to the best location for us. I wonder if Bradenton is a bit busy? or is it all a bit laid back?

Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island