We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Go?

Wabash
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Go?

Lookng for some advice. While we are vacationing at Siesta Key in May, we want to take a day trip to check out AMI for future planning. Would like to see some of the beach, shops, restaurants, etc. Where would be a good place(s) to park and explore by foot that would give us a good sampling of AMI.

Thanks!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Go?

To get the best feel for the island you need to experience the south and north end. You could park at Coquina Beach or some where on Bridge Street and walk around the shops there, maybe have lunch at Rotten Ralphs on the pier or BridgeTender. Then you could get on the free trolley and take it all the way down to the north end to the City pier where you could walk on the pier, walk over to Pine Street and see all the new shops and take a look at Rod & Reel Pier (my favorite). The trolley would allow you to see a lot of the area.

Wabash
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Go?

Great idea! Thanks, RustyKat.

Ohio
Level Contributor
730 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Go?

Be sure to read RustyKat's thread from today for more: ideas:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g635970-i11168-k6168965-Your_Favorite_Things_To_Do-Anna_Maria_Island_Florida.html

Wabash
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Go?

Thanks Teehan. I check into this forum on a daily basis now, so I did read it. Really good info--can't wait to get down there to explore AMI. Ten weeks to go!

5. Re: Where to Go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island