We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I found an airport shuttle!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
I found an airport shuttle!!

I got a great quote from one of the shuttle services to/from the airport for only $85 for our group of 3 people! Here is my dilema (ha, such problems)...is there an on island auto rental agency around, in the event we DO want to rent a car for 24-48 hours only?

Conshohocken...
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Who did you get your quote from?

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

I dont know of any on the island but I'm sure there are some on the mainland that would possibly delver and pick car. You may also look into to MCAT bus schedule, you can actually take it mainland and also into St, Armands Circle and even Sarasota.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

The quote was from Anna Maria Isle Transportation. I did learn that Enterprise in Bradenton will drop off and pick up a vehicle, if I decide to rent for just a day or two. I'm still on the fence - don't want to feel trapped, and certainly want to get around to explore.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Mike Malone, Island Sedan, www.islandsedan.com. His airport rates are: Tampa/St. Pete Airports are: $80, Sarasota Airport, $35. Fort Myers Airport, $160, Orlando Airport, $160. His telephone number is 941-730-8803. My guests from ID used his services and were very, very satisified.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 18:31
Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Mike Malone, Island Sedan, www.islandsedan.com. His airport rates are: Tampa/St. Pete Airports are: $80, Sarasota Airport, $35. Fort Myers Airport, $160, Orlando Airport, $160. His telephone number is 941-730-8803. My guests from ID used his services and were very, very satisified.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 18:31
NY
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Call AMI taxi; 1-800301-4816. My husband and I used them from the Tampa airport and it was well worth it. Not only was it inexpensive, but during our talk on the ride to Holmes Beach, he told us not to use those companies that rent beach equipment for the week, he had everything we needed. The next day, he delivered beach chairs, umbrella, fishing pole and all the gear my husband needed, GRATIS! At the end of the week, he just picked us and everything else. Great service!!!!!!!!!!

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,544 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Enterprise Car Rentals will pick you up and drop you off. Many people use them.

~SRQgirl

Edited: 26 March 2013, 20:43
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

If you decide to rent a car for the whole time, we got a full size car for $21per day bidding through priceline. We probably could have bid 12-15 for a smaller car. I think the airport was the only option for pickup though.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

Do you want to go to Publix on the trolley. What about Mote? There are way too many Neat things to do in the area to not have a car available.

Edited: 27 March 2013, 01:07
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I found an airport shuttle!!

I think we've decided to do a car service to/from the airport and use Enterprise to drop off and pick up a car. Your help is priceless! Now, where can I get one of those cute little 'cartoon' maps of the island, to familiarize myself with the island/streets??