We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map of area?

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Map of area?

I would like to find a simple map of Anna Maria Island with restaurants and shopping and points of interest on it. So far I have not found it. Any ideas? Thanks!

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map of area?

I recenlty requested a tourist brochure from the internet on the link here http://www.bradentongulfislands.com/

Hope that works, it has some maps inside and other info. Hope it helps.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,319 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map of area?

I like to just scroll in on Google, many are permanently there and marked, and others I find by inputting and address and doing a search.

There are tourist maps, but they only show the ones who pay to advertise. So for the ones who don't ned to advertise (cuz they are so good lol)do use several methods.

Better yet, tell us what you want, or where we like, and we can tell you who to look for. Off the top of my hat, Rod and Reel anytime, Bridgetender for happy hour/early dinner, Sandbar for lunch or sunset, Beach House anytime.

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Map of area?

Thanks for the responses.

I would like to see where cute shops are....that tells you a lot, right?

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Map of area?

sorry, it was posted before I finished.

I will be with my adult (20's) daughters, their boyfriends and my husband. I don't think the guys will want to go shopping with us.

Also, are there restaurants on the beach? or beach bars?

I just want to get the lay of the land.

BTW...we are staying at Bermuda Bay.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map of area?

Three shopping areas: north on Pine Ave are some great new boutique type shops, in the center of the island some beachy stuff, and Bridge Street at the souther end. That will get you started, but there are a lot of small independent shoping areas as well.

Food: Rod and Reel Pier for lunch is on the bay, with fantastic views. Sandbar and Beach House are both on the Gulf with toes in the sand. The WAterfront up north, City Pier, also north, and Gulf Drive Cafe south on the beach. (Their food and service has not been up to previous standards).

If you really want to shop, head south down Longboat Key to St. Armands. What, about 120 of so boutique shops and restaurants.

Debbie Myers
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Map of area?

Thank you, Kris 48!

That is great you've given me a good start!

Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Map of area?

There is also a free trolley that goes all around the island with many stops at popular locals. By the way my young adult kids liked going to Island Time Bar and Grill. Located on a corner of Bridge Street and Gulf Dr which is a popular area for dining and entertainment (there are at least 6 restaurants a few cute shops and putt putt golf there) . They enjoyed a casual meal and live music as well there. We even did some dancing. Gulf Drive Café is also a fun place right on the beach. They now have a huge new tiki bar right on the beach and often have live music too.

8. Re: Map of area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island