We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - mid April

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - mid April

I posted earlier about Harrington House so I won't go on & on about how wonderful it is. But it really is wonderful :)

We flew into Tampa & had a rental car arranged through Priceline... great way to go. We got a full sized car for $21 per day. It was almost new with less than 10,000 miles, so no worries about driving an old clunker around. The drive was easy & traffic was light on a Sunday morning.

We arrived on AMI before noon & went to Sign of the Mermaid for brunch. We were very disappointed. We had a disappearing server who didn't care if we were there. The food was so-so (at best) and overpriced for a not-so-clean, dingy place with plastic placemats. I found nothing charming or quaint about it. Luckily, that was our worst experience at AMI.

We went to Publix & found the staples..wine & snacks too keep in the fridge & suncreen :) They really had everything we needed. Love Publix!

Later in the evening we went to Hurricane Hank's. We loved it. Great service, very clean & good prices. It looked like many of the guests were locals & all were very friendly. We just had burgers & fries but they were delish. Especially after that brunch.

Most days we spent on the beach. We drove to Sarasota and Siesta Key one day. It is such a nice drive down through Longboat Key. Stopped at a cute place in Siesta Key called BonJour for lunch. The food was good & there were outdoor tables with umbrellas.

The free trolly is so convenient. We never had to wait long & it was nice to have drinks & not worry about driving.

We wandered around Pine Ave. & shopped. We had delicious house tacos at Poppo's Taqueria. It was so good & fresh. A very nice, clean little place that I will return to anytime I visit the island. We topped that off with a made to order donut. It was run by a very nice couple. I hope they are a success. There were no long lines because it was afternoon & almost ready to close.

Guess I'll have to break this long winded report up into two parts. More later...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - mid April

So looking forward to P2...keep it coming!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - mid April

sounds good to start...do tell about the wine at sunset! lol...isnt it just amazing? ami is a piece of paradise...

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - mid April

Thank you for sharing!

Keep it coming!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - mid April

Thanks for the report, sounds like your vacation was all you had hoped for. We are looking forward to the taco's and Donuts on PIne Ave. in a couple fo weeks, glad to know you enjoyed them.

I am a big fan of the Harrington House, love the breakfast and you are deifinately treated right there, no worries!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - mid April

Yes.Been Craving That Oatmeal Toast From HH. Why Is It So Darn Good?

6. Re: Trip Report - mid April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island