We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

Springfield...
Level Contributor
89 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

We are flying into the St. Petersburg airport and will arrive around 8:30 pm. Would like to stop somewhere along the way to AMI to eat and possibly somewhere to pick up a few groceries. Anyone have any suggestions?

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

Since it will be after 9 when you hit the island, and Publix would be closed, stop at the walmart when you get off I75 onto Manatee Ave. They have everything you would need. Open 24 hours. Hey, probably won't be crowded then!

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

There are also some fast food places and a Cracker Barrel near Walmart there. Since it would be later like 9:30-10, not sure what food would be open. Might want something closer to St. Pete. Maybe a local can tell you.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
89 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

Thanks for the info. We will probably stop at Walmart.

Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

As an alternative to the Walmart listed above (which would take you the longer way in to AMI), you could take the shortcut from the Skyway Bridge described here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g635970-i11168-k65…

and then stop at the Walmart located here which is right off the shortcut.

508 10Th St E

Palmetto, FL 34221

I'm not sure of this neighborhood though, or the availability of food in the area, but it is definitely quicker going by this one.

Mike

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

I agree. Taking Rt. 19/41 into Palmetto cuts off about 14 miles. Stay to the left when the roads "Y" off, then get off at 10th st./301 north. The Wal-Mart is on your left about 1/4 mile. The area is safe enough, even at night. The Wal-Mart is well lit, and has regular police patrols.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
89 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

Thanks Mike and Kris. Anything to get there quicker!

Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

You're welcome. Have a great trip!

Mike

Springfield...
Level Contributor
89 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

I wanted to let you all know that your information was so helpful! We stopped at the Wal-mart in Palmetto on our way and it worked out perfect! We also went to the outlet in Ellenton one day and stopped there again on our way back to AMI. Not that far really and able to get everything we needed! Thanks again!!

9. Re: Flying into St. Pete/Clearwater, where to stop for groceries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island