We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

i know this is getting really particular but just want the best weather possible! already sounds like October is better weather than September, and we are trying to make this work out to come in October, had some dates set aside (October 6-13 possibly) but wondering if waiting until middle or later October is better.

thanks everyone!

Clinton, NJ
Level Contributor
183 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

I have experienced great weather in mid- to late-October. Also, some restaurants are closed in early October, so if there are specific restaurants you would really like to go to, you might want to give them a quick call to confirm that they will be open.

Have a great trip!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,948 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

I am a fan of mid-late as early can sometimes still be stinking hot.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

Also, the slight chance of a hurricane goes down in the second half of the month. Should still be in the 80's during the day, and 60's overnight. Most beautiful month around here.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

Thanks everyone, sounds like we need to adjust our dates to be a little later

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

I would definately recommend later in October, the rains are gone, sky is clear, warm days, cooler nights, less expensive accomodations and less crowds, a perfect time to visit. If you are lucky you can go on the October full moon which will be harvest moon and is awesome.

6. Re: any preference of early October, mid-October, late October?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21