We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why the price difference in different areas

swansea
Level Contributor
504 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Why the price difference in different areas

Hi everyone ,we are coming to Anna Maria for 2 weeks in September ,and want to rent a "private" house with its own pool.

Nearly all the rental agencies and the likes of VRBO,Homeaway ,Flipkey etc have cheaper rates for properties in Holmes beach,than other parts of Anna Maria,is there any reason for that ?is it less desirable ?

When we were there last year all of AM looked more or less the same ,maybe the "north end" is quieter ,otherwise it seemed that the rest was much of a muchness

Basically , i guess i want to know ,is there any reason NOT to rent in Holmes beach [is it party central maybe ?]

Sorry to drag this out

Many thanks

Fishman UK

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

Holmes Beach area is absolutely fine, imo, could be that there is just more inventory available to rent there, principle of supply and demand maybe? Of any area of the island, that is where maybe having a car is the best bet since there is a fair amount of residential there between commercial areas, and sometimes a distance to restaurants and shops, depending.

I have never heard of Holmes Beach being party central at all, and it should be fairly quiet in Sept. Maybe use google maps and street view when looking at a particular property to get a feel for the area around the rental. That's what I have done in the past! I am actually thinking of renting in Holmes beach next time to get a house on a canal so we can bring and dock our flats fishing boat.

United States
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

I didn't realize Holmes Beach was any less expensive than Anna Maria or Bradenton Beach. We always rent a vacation home there and like it the best of the three areas. It's the perfect mix to us. Not as busy as BB and has newer homes with pools for rentals, than Anna Maria. We would still drive to places regardless of which of the 3 areas we chose.

swansea
Level Contributor
504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

Thanks folks,as i said ,i could not see any reason myself,but its good to have input from people have stayed in that area

Due out in September ,now the hunt is is on for that "perfect" vacation home.

Regards

Fishman

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

You are absoluetly right, there is not a huge difference between the beaches, as one poster said the reason for the higher price could be that there are more or less rentals, not sure but I am sure of one thing, there really is NO "Party Central" on the island. Some people perfer the northern end because it is a bit more residential, tropical and quite. I always suggest that you find a place that you like that fits your needs and dont worry about the location, it's all paradise.

Anna Maria Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

The island is advertised up north as follows:

Anna Maria City (north end)- most desirable; quietest; smallest city

Holmes Beach- residential with lots of rentals; largest city

Bradenton Beach- commercial and noisy

Being a local I see the cities as:

Anna Maria City- as of today largest beaches (until the next storm)

Holmes Beach- residential; some rentals can be far(5 blocks) from the beach; LOADS of rentals; small crowded beaches since there are so many condos and rentals everyone is at the same beach

North Bradenton Beach- Don't rent in the avenues; some rentals; sometimes busy beaches

South Bradenton Beach- Bridge street is only noisy until 10pm then silent after; thinnest part of the island; some houses are only three houses to the beach and one to the bay; best kept secret of the island; beaches get busy since it is Coquina beach

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
431 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

Just curious, why not rent in the avenues of BB? And is there a specific area? They run the length.

bradenton,florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

Compared to the east coast or Clearwater/St Pete area, Anna Maria is really quiet. As for the areas, the avenues of Bradenton Beach are more residential. So that may have something to do with it.

Anna Maria Island...
Level Contributor
56 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

There is nothing particular wrong with the ave. The avenues are very residential; lots of locals so everything is just not as pretty as the rest of the island. The beach distance is further as well (unless you are on Ave. C)

9. Re: Why the price difference in different areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island