We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reggae music

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
704 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Reggae music

Where might I find reggae music on AMI or longboat?

On longboat first week of August

Thanks

Peace

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reggae music

Jamaica Breeze off AMI off Manatee Ave. at 67th street west. About ten minutes off island.

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
704 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reggae music

Food looks yummy but I can't find a music schedule. Are there any websites that list local music and events?

Thanks for your quick response

Peace

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reggae music

There is a new place, I have not been there yet but it's on the northern end called the Barefoot Tiki Bar and I believe they would have Reggae. Also, sometimes the Blue Marlin has Reggae in their courtyard.

MD
Level Contributor
58 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reggae music

Thanks RustyKat! I had to look it up and the tiki bar is at the Island Flea. I'll have to check it out.

https:/…

The courtyard out back at Blue Marlin is fun after dinner.

Here's their event calendar:http://www.bluemarlinami.com/events.html

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
704 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reggae music

Thanks

Hard to find any good info on the Barefoot Tiki.

Music ordinance issues? Are they open with live music?

Peace

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reggae music

The Barefoot Tiki is new, it's only be open a few months so that's why its hard to find anything about it. I did see one person that had made a comment on it and they really loved it, said it was fun. We did go in when they were still putting it together and it looked great. I'm hoping to visit it soon so I'll give a report.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reggae music

For those who don't know Jamaica Breeze is just being opened by the owner of Jamrocks, which was once on the island across from LaCosta. From a local article, it seems the owner lost the name Jamrocks in a divorce settlement, but the new place will have the same food, music, and atmosphere.

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
704 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reggae music

Thanks for all your help. I will hopefully make it to both locations. This is our first trip to the area. We usually travel to Jamaica or Mexico. Heard many great things about AMI and Longboat. Looking forward to trying many different places.

Peace

Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reggae music

We are here on Anna Maria Island now and Gulf Drive café have been featuring a reggae band on Sunday, Tues and Thus nights called Natural Vibes. We have found that you can pick up The Islander or Anna Maria Island Sun newspapers (papers are free and come out weekly on Monday evening) that are located in several places around town and you can find restaurant ads for which bands are featured and the schedule.

Level Contributor
78 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reggae music

We also tried out the Island Flea Barefoot Tiki bar and it was a fun place to be. They had live music, a pretty big crowd but yet they seemed to have plenty of space (mostly outside) and seating. You can even take your pet there. Looks to be an up and coming place for sure.