We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria 1st week of March.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria 1st week of March.

Thinking of coming to AMI the first week of March 2014. My daughter is in college and has spring break that week, my son has school, but I will pull him out for the week. We have been to AMI in August, July, October, and January. Never been the first week of March, wondering how bad the crowds are? My husband wants to wait until June, but I don't. Do you think we'll be sorry if we visit the first week of March?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

I don't think you'll ever be sorry you are visiting AMI! March is a busy time on the island and you will find more crowds than in October and January. But you have also been here in July and August and the spring break crowds are similar to the summer crowds. Summer and spring are our busiest seasons. Honestly I think that March and June will have similar numbers in terms of visitors in the island. I know how those mid-west winters are so you may want a break from the cold in March!

Whenever you decide to visit, Have Fun!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

How warm is it that time of year?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

it is plenty warm! coming from a Clevelander that it....enjoy!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

We're here now and it's hot! I am like Goldilocks, I want it not too cold and not too hot but just right:-). Oh well, at least no rain yet. We just got here late this afternoon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

I think I might have convinced my husband. It is so hot when we are there in the summer months and this past January it was pretty chilly. I guess I am a bit like goldilocks too! Lol I mostly just hate the crowds. Hopefully, the first week of March isn't spring break for many schools.

United States
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

We have been on AMI the first week of March before, and it was perfect weather for Goldilocks. Can't be sure from year to year, but should be nice enough.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

Haha! I have to agree March should be perfect for Goldilocks! It's not too hot like the summer months can be and it's not too cold like the winter months can be. It's just right! :)

Have Fun!

Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

Hi!

I think that the first week of March is a great week to come. Typically that week is not as busy as the others as there are not many grade schools that have break that week.

BeachBumsAMI

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

It's not the spring break for the local schools so that is a good sign! :)

Have Fun!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anna Maria 1st week of March.

Well that's good that it isn't spring break for the locals. Hopefully it won't be spring break for very many!