We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

First thing is we arrived on Friday around 7 pm dumped our bags and headed to Beach House for a drink because we had to at least hear the ocean. We had a beer then headed for Island Time listened to the band had a snack trio( yum) it was a black bean cake, Asian wings, and coconut shrimp for I think $11. Had a beer and walked down Bridge Street following the sound of music to Blue Marlin nice mellow band hubs had a beer talked to some folks talked about how the music had to end at 10pm on the week ends. We left there around 10:30 and what is this we hear live music from several places one being Drift Inn because the door was open and the other being the Bridge Tender where they can have it as long as they want due to having a roof (no walls but a roof) we sat across the street in the cool bar built up under a tree next to the water and talked to quite a few people then headed home as we had been up since 3 am. We woke up the next morning and went to Gulf Drive Café and sat right on the beach and had breakfast. It was amazing truly amazing way to start the day. Although it was hard we left the island with great EXCITMENT to see our Son in Bradenton. We headed to downtown Bradenton and went to O Brick restaurant and had a wonderful lunch I had a fried green tomato blt. Then we walked down the new River Walk to the taste of Mantatee . Hung out for a while then headed back to the island. We headed to the Pirate invasion at the beach it was fun with good music, good beer and wine but it was starting to rain so we left and came back to the condo noshed on some cheese, sausage ect. and were going to stay in but then decided to walk up to Tiki Bar and had rum runners sat out and felt the ocean breezes and listened to the ocean. So glad we went. Sunday we got up and walked the beach, rode our bikes then went back over the the Pirate Invasion and listen to some music then headed to Tiki Bar to enjoy the views had a cold beer then headed to our Son's for a BBQ. Had a great time. Came home so tired. Monday we rode our bikes all over the island sat a bit at Bean Point then came back to condo and drove to Starfish in Cortez and had the best lunch of grouper, ff, cole slaw, cheese grits and Stonecrab and corn chowder. YUMMMY go there! The freshest fish great view and great people. My husband said it was the best hush puppies ever and thought he did not like grits LOVED the cheese grits . Oh yea the beer is $1.44 (are you kidding me)? We talked to some really nice people. We will be there again soon hmmm maybe in about 1 hour! Today I have been walking the beach, riding my bike and hanging out by the pool. So far I love it and as always never want to leave AMI and I'm not for about 26 days!! I have to say I read on hear recently how some say the places they went were treated rude. I have not one time felt that way we have talked and laughed with so many since arriving both workers, locals and fellow visitors we have not felt that at all. I have already been to Publics and had them steam some shrimp and bought side dishes to eat on the beach for dinner tonight. Well I think it is time to jump on our bikes and head to Star Fish I think I hear some $1.44 beers calling our names.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Great report, so glad you are having a good time and this weather is perfect, warm days and cool nights. I love Star Fish and the cheese grits. Make sure you stop over at the Sea Hagg and explore, very intersting stuff there. I also heard that believe it or not the BP Gas Station has the best chicken salad enywhere, go figure.

Have fun and enjoy those $1.44 bers, were they drafts?

Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Welcome!!! Enjoy your time and this BEAUTIFUL weather!!

BeachBumsAMI

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Yes they were drafts . My husband splurged and got a bottle for 2.48 !! I will check out that chicken salad. Yes the weather is perfect . At home it is 45 and raining.

Thanks Beach Bums we have used you many times for bike rentals. we have our own this time. But I will still stop min your store to shop!

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Enjoying your report and just added Star Fish to our list of restaurants. Thanks!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Wow it sounds like you have been busy and having a great time! Not only is the island a slice of paradise you just don't find $1.44 beers anywhere! Enjoy your stay!

Have Fun!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

Thanks guys!!

Bloomington, Indiana
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

We just got back from the island last week so I am really jealous! Not to mention the weather forecast for up here is calling for an inch of snow tonight!

I agree with your husband - I don't normally like hush puppies but the ones at Starfish are really tasty. Wishing I could have a grouper sandwich for lunch... :)

8. Re: We are here!! So far so wonderful!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18