We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Runaway Bay Post

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Runaway Bay Post

Why did the review of Runaway Bay get removed?

Cork
Level Contributor
618 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Runaway Bay Post

Kind of wondered the same thing???

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Runaway Bay Post

Obv a TA member (or 2-6 etc) complained. you can go back tot hat page and ask TA to reinstate it if you like.

Was it uncomplimentary? If so, the RB people may have ganged up on you? I didn't get a chance to read it before it was pulled, which is why I PM'd you about it.

You can leave a permanent review for all to see int he review section, but i'd like to know how it went.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Runaway Bay Post

amanx-

It was a very complimentary review.

I am not sure why anyone would've had an issue with it.

jkelly

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Runaway Bay Post

I am mystified, so I would ask TA if I were the OP/

United States
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Runaway Bay Post

Whoever wrote it, please ask to have it re-instated. I didn't see it, and I've been wanting to stay there some time when we go without our dog. Thanks.

Virginia
Level Contributor
256 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Runaway Bay Post

I didn't see the review, but the link in your post mentions Runaway Bay, Jamaica. Could that be why it was removed?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Runaway Bay Post

No,. TA inserts links automatically if there is a name of a destination in it.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Runaway Bay Post

Well here it is again.

I am still at this wonderful condo in Paradise but wanted to go ahead and write this review as I know when I get home the real world will demand my attention.

First of all I want to tell you the owners Joe & Lisa have been a joy to deal with. Any questions and concerns have been addressed promptly . We were concerned about Internet service while here as my husband has to work part of the time. There is a local company you can use for $20 a month but Joe & Lisa just to make sure we had no problems had high speed DSL installed for us and now all future guest . That really eased our minds and is making our stay so stress free. Now that's service!!

Now on to the condo it is well represented in the pictures on line. It is a safe and quiet complex but friendly residents. Some of the things I love are having a washer and dryer in the unit. The kitchen is well stocked with anything you need to cook or entertain. There are ceiling fans in all the rooms. It has a nice laini looking out to the mangroves with a BBQ grill and picnic table within a few steps. The condo is decorated with a nice beachy feel but very comfortable furniture It is well stocked with beach towels, bath towels. They provide lots of hangers..l feel very at home here. They have some beach chairs, coolers and toys. They also have books , puzzles and games. The grounds include a wonderful HEATED pool. The biggest on the island. It is open from 10 am to 10 PM. There are plenty of loungers and tables and chairs. There is a workout room, tennis courts, bocce ball, and shuffle board.

The location is very good. You can walk or ride your bikes to everything including Historic Bridge street with it's many shops, restaurants and bars and a wonderful mini golf course. There is a great restaurant and Tiki Bar very close. The free trolley stop is at the end of the driveway. I have ridden my bike the other way to the grocery store (the only one on the island) daily . Just across the causeway is Cortez with a couple great fish markets and restaurants.

We are spending a month here and enjoying every day. I would and will recommend this to anybody from family's, couples to girls trips.

The only bad thing I have found is thinking about leaving.

Thank you Joe & Lisa for the use of your wonderful home.

9. Re: Runaway Bay Post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18