We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

We are planning our summer vacation to Florida and are leaning towards Anna Maria. We will be traveling in June with our 3 kids (6, 4 & 2). We'd like to find condo-style accommodations (kitchen a must), preferably ground floor, must be beach front (not have to cross any roads b/c of the kids), with a nice pool. We prefer less-crowded beach too. I know the southern part of the island is the busiest, but not sure how crowded the beaches get, but we definitely prefer quieter beach. (our last vacation was to Sanibel, which was perfect pace for us, but we like to try different places and have heard good things about AMI). It would be nice to have at least one or two places in walking distance (laid back beach front bar/restaurant type place to watch sunset). would like to keep it under 1000/week if possible. (we may be doing one week in AMI and then a week in Treasure Island, but I'll keep the TI questions for that forum). Any suggestions or feedback greatly appreciated!

Bourbon, IN
Level Contributor
423 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

Have you looked at White Sands Beach? Beachfront, pool, kitchens, and quiet!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

Take a look at La Costa Condominiums, may be over your budget but worth a try.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

I would suggest renting a house. You can find some small houses with pools. They may not be beach front, but 3-4 houses in (no busy roads to cross) are almost just as good, in my opinion. Another perk to a house with young children is you have some privacy and won't need to worry (as much) about keeping them as quiet. I always worry with a hotel or condo that my child is going to disturb the neighbors. :)

PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

The White Sands looks promising, but looks like the rooms that we would want are booked for the time we need. I can't seem to find the La Costa Condominiums. Have they changed their name? I will check out vrbo for some homes, although we like to socialize somewhat on vaca. and enjoy meeting people at the condos. Thanks for the feedback!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

No, no change in La Costa, if you google it, it should come right up. It is on Gulf Drive, if you cant find it message me and I will send you the link.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

We stayed in a very nice condo in Runaway bay. If you want the contact info let me know!

7. Re: Please help me decide on accomodations, June trip with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 06:18