We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can January 15 come soon enough

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Can January 15 come soon enough

We are now getting an ice storm. Monday our temps are going from 38 to -2 (yes that is minus 2) with a wind chill of minus 15. Tuesday our high is 12 (just plain old 12!)

The little red Mustang convertible is huddled in the garage afraid to come out and play.

But he's going to have to be brave because soon it will be time to head out of this mess and return to warm and sunny AMI!!!

So on the 15th when you see us with a load of snow still on the car, smiling like loons--just give us a wave!!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

Oh, I am so jealous, mountainmare!

Have a wonderful trip!

United States
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

We have 10 inches of snow outside, mountainmare, and about the same temps. But we too are packing up in 3 weeks, along with the dog, and heading for a month in sunny Florida. Will look for your little red mustang on AMI.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

Hopefully, you will miss the cold snap we are having now, it is suppose to be 32 degrees in the morning but warming up by the end of the week to 80, drive safe and enjoy your visit.

United States
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

Thanks, Rusty. Yes, I would prefer 80*. Yikes, you might have to cover plants tonight. I remember when I was a kid growing up in Orlando, the orange groves would have heaters in them when they feared a freeze.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

Well the forecast was wrong--it will only be 6 today. I put an extra blanket on my horse (the real critter--not the car)

doughnut 60--we're down for a month too--if you see us at Publix stop and say Hi!! or if you are beachwalking between Gulf Drive Café and LaCosta condos.

6. Re: Can January 15 come soon enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island