We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need accom. suggestions please

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Need accom. suggestions please

Hi everyone,

First time to AMI.

Small family looking for pool that has a good sized shallow end, short EASY walk to the beach.

We are going in June, so booking rather late.

I like the looks/budget of Runaway Bay, but the road to cross over looks like it could be very busy? Not sure I want to try that with 2 small children & loaded down with beach gear.

Any input or suggestions? I was also looking at a complex over in the Holmes beach area that looks a bit more dated, but fine I suppose. I can't find out the name of it to mention it here :) , but here is a link. Bit nervous about it as it doesn't have reviews http://www.vrbo.com/104747#

Is Holmes beach a better beach area for small children? It looks calmer & doesn't seem to have a busy road to cross to get to the beach

Thanks!!!

Hudson Valley,NY
Level Contributor
360 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

Blue Lagoon is a nice little complex in Holmes Beach. Six units (1-3 bedrooms) surrounding a great pool. Easy walk to beach.

annamariaparadise.com/bluelagoonresort3.htm

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

We were really happy with Bridgewalk when we stayed there with our then 2 year old. The pool is small-ish, but it worked well for our young son and there was hardly anyone ever there even though I think the place was full. Crossing the road to the beach was no big deal at all. Here's additional info I wrote in another thread on this topic.

http://www.silverresorts.com/bridgewalk.aspx

We stayed there in 2011 and found the accommodations to be great. We had a two bedroom townhome in the Royal Palm building, which provides full kitchen, living area and screened lanai on the main floor, and then two bedrooms up, with another screened lanai off the master. We could put our young son to bed upstairs and enjoy the comfort of the lanai and the downstairs in the evening.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

Take a look at La Costa Condominiums, they are all 2 bedrooms and are right on the beach, no crossing the street.

Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

Thank you all. Will check these out, but I bet they are booked. I believe I may have waited a bit too late :)

United States
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

If you haven't already, check with a few of the vacation rental companies. That could save some time by just asking what they still have available. If you're not sure about a company of which you know nothing, just ask on TA. People will surely let you know, good or bad. Good luck finding something you like. It's out there!

6. Re: Need accom. suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16