We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

Pros/cons to either of these locations? A little concerned about the noise level at bridgewalk and the beach being more crowded. Thank you

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

I can only speak to Bridgewalk - we stayed there in May 2011. The noise was not an issue for us at all, and we had a 2 year old at the time who napped during the day and went to be early in the evening. We enjoyed a lot of time on our screened lanai overlooking bridge street and I really don't recall any noise at all, but of course there must have been some vehicle noise and it's a popular street for folks to be walking up and down. At the time we were there, the beach was no more crowded than most other parts, which is to say that there were plenty of people around, but easy to find a spot to spread out and not feel too close to others.

We did not mind having to cross the street to get to the beach, but have since stayed at a beach front condo (Club Bamboo South) and it is nice to have the direct Gulf view from the room. All in all, I'd definitely go back to Bridgewalk if looking for more of a hotel/nightly type of place. (This year we are renting a house for a week.)

United States
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

We looked at rooms at Bridgewalk about 3 years ago, and they seemed kind of tired and outdated. Maybe they have been remodeled, but one room had a bath tub in the same room as the bed! That's the con. The pro is the location. That may make it worth it to you, even without remodeling.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

Tortuga is beautiful, updated and very, very clean. Wonderful beach with chairs right across the road. I also like the access to both the gulf and the inland waterway.

Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

I have stayed at both locations and I think Tortuga has more to offer, there is less traffic to cross the road and the beach is a little less crowded. Also, it is more tropical and has more of a resort feel. Bridgewalk is nice too but it's right on a very busy corner at Bridge Street and the beach is a little more public, the pool is also very small and not private at all. I would go for Tortuga or even their other properties, Tradeswinds or Tropic Isle.

5. Re: Tortuga Beach Resort or Bridgewalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:17