We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mancora to Banos warning!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
59 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Mancora to Banos warning!

I wish I could remember the name of the travel agency where we bought these tickets but I thought I'd warn people to either book tickets direct with the bus companies or check the details before they make the same mistake! Hope this helps...

We booked a 'direct' bus from Mancora to Banos with one of the travel agencies. When we got to the CIFA stop they said the bus was full, so we think our travel agency sold us fake tickets. However they squeezed us onto the bus with makeshift seats in the aisles until other people got off. However then we arrived in Guayaquil and everyone got off the bus... turns out CIFA doesn't even go to Banos!! We then had to buy new tickets to take us to Banos (oh and they tried to charge us $40 for that, DONT PAY IT turns out it should be $8!) Be careful booking any buses in Mancora, not sure quite where along the line we got scammed (several places I think) but look out

Quito, Ecuador
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mancora to Banos warning!

Thanks for the warning, I will try to make my way from Mancora to Banos as well at the end of the month. Any recommendations from your experience?

Lille, France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mancora to Banos warning!

Hello,

How did you manage to do Banos Mancora please ?

Do we need to stop to Guayaquil ?

Best regards,

Pauline

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
117 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mancora to Banos warning!

If you're going from Mancora to Baños, it's quite nice to stop in Cuenca. It's a very pretty colonial city and there's a great national park (El Cajas) nearby. I took an overnight bus from Mancora to Baños, and then a couple of days later another night bus from Cuenca to Baños.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mancora to Banos warning!

You can go as far as Cuenca then Loja and take the hasslefree Loja Piura bus.

5. Re: Mancora to Banos warning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 06:16