We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycling on MI?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Bicycling on MI?

Got a bunch of bike-related Qs...

Do many people use bicycles on MI? Are there any bike stores? Is it easy to buy a used bike? Are there many mountain bikes? Are there any trails? Is it safe to lock a bike, or would it be vandalized?

thx - - advice appreciated :)

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycling on MI?

There are several good bike stores on the island and used bikes are available but can be more expensive than what threy are in the north-especially for a good quality bike.

I ride by mountain bike every day around town here and there are several really nice trails to ride around el Yaque and there is a small group of riders you could hook up with to do morning off road rides.

I leave my bike locked at the beach and have not had any problems with vanadalism altho, I once left my mountain bike at the beach unlocked and it disappeared, never to be seen again-but that was my own fault and could happen anywhere.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycling on MI?

I would suggest, if you will be here for an extended period you may want to bring your own bike-just make sure you have a receipt for it as clearing customs here you may be asked to show proof of purchase-a receipt with your name on it.

I have brought several bikes from the U.S. and Canada as they are much less expensive there than here-just make sure is it boxed well.

Some freinds brought me a bike from Toronto on the charter flight that flies during the winter and they where not charged excess for the bike but check first with the airline.

Airtransat has direct flights from Montreal starting about December 15th-

3. Re: Bicycling on MI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about El Yaque