We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Topic
road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Planning to travel by cab from Mysore to Coorg & have a back problem.Hence worried about road conditions to Madikeri Polibetta Kushalnagar etc. Where would be ideal places to stay or visit & which would be best avoided

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

The road towards Kushalnagar and on to Madikere better than the road towards Virajpet via Nagarhole. Just one stretch around Periyapatna town and Kushalnagar town congested. Comfortable Volvo buses also available and cab not a good option unless you are planning to retain vehicle for which you would be charged at a minimum of 250 km a day.Enjoying Coorg would require walking a bit around Abbey falls, Bylakuppe Buddhist Retreat, Nisargadhama, and crossing the river at Dubare for the Elephant camp. You could avoid Talacauvery if the source of the Cauvery for religous sentiments not of interest.Lots of options to stay including the recently opened Tamara at the high end to modest guest houses.

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

I had been on the same stretch.. Conditions are not very bad.. I drove from Bangalore to Madikeri via Mysore. If you are with kids dont miss morning ritual at Dubare !! You need to be at 8 am there. Read - (tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g503697-d498…) You can do it on the way back.

Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Hi All,

Finally found a something related to my query- i have planned to visit Coorg in month of Aug and will be taking a Tempo from Mysore.

please let me know places of interest between mysore and coorg which we can enjoy before reaching Coorg- i manager to search few and have listed below can you please help me in sorting and guide me through.

1, Mysore Railway Station, Mysore, Karnataka

2, Bylakuppe, Karnataka

3, Namdroling Monastery (Little Tibet)

4, Cauvery Nisargadhama

5, Harangi Dam, Kodagu, Karnataka

6, Sulimalthe, Sulimalthe, Karnataka

7, Mallali Falls, Kodagu, Karnataka

8, Mandalpatti, Kodagu, Karnataka

9, Gaddige, Gaddige, Madikeri, Karnataka

10, Abbi Falls, Abbi Falls, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh Kumar A C.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Hi,

The itinerary seems ok for Mysore-Coorg route,but include dubare elephant camp.

After reaching Madikeri,you can explore other attractions like Talacauvery,Bhagamandala,Fort,Raja seat,estate walks,etc;

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Hi Gautam,

The road is definitely motorable & good now.You can book a vehicle like Innova,which can take care of the road conditions.

Golden Temple(Plain stretch without much walking),

Dubare,(A bit of walk & boat ride)

Nisargadhama(Lots of walk through rope bridge & further inside)

Talacauvery.(You can walk upto the main point & get a view of the place without venturing into the water source,which is slippery)

Better avoid all the falls.

You can opt to stay in one of the various home stays for a real Coorg experience.Optional hotel rooms are also available(KSTDC Mayura Valley View or Coorg International),Resorts (Club Mahindra,Orange county)

Chennai (Madras...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Thanks Deepak- i am altering now, Dubare Elephant Camp comes in between Nisargadhama and Harangi Dam..

1, Mysore Railway Station, Mysore, Karnataka

2, Ingalakere lake

3, Golden Temple

4, Namdroling Monastery (Little Tibet)

4, Cauvery Nisargadhama

5, Dubare Elephant Camp

6, Harangi Dam, Kodagu, Karnataka

7, Sulimalthe, Sulimalthe, Karnataka (Honnamana Lake/ Honnamana Kere)

8, Mallali Falls, Kodagu, Karnataka

9, Gaddige, Gaddige, Madikeri, Karnataka

10, Abbi Falls, Abbi Falls, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201

11, Mandalpatti, Kodagu, Karnataka

And please let me know climatic condition during first week of August and also if there any less important place if i have listed above- so that i may skip and proceed with next, plan is to start from Mysore by 8 and visit all the places and ground at Coorg for first day night then second day places around Coorg and places towards wayanad(Coorg to Wayanad) will be made as we move to stay at Wayanad on second day. on third day places between wayanad and mysore will be visited and on 3rd day night will get on rail to chennai.

please correct me if i have arrived at a messy plan.. :)

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Hi,

August is monsoon time in Coorg, but it will not disturb ur travel schedule much.

Try including Valnar fishing camp and Raja seat(especially during sunset.)Talacauvery and Bhagamandala, along with Madikeri fort can also be explored.The lakes can be avoided.

You can visit Wynad lake for a peaceful boating.Enroute from Wynad to Mysore, you can visut Nagarahole.

bangalore
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Could you please let me know the best route from Bangalore to Virajpet

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

Hi Deepa,

Bengaluru to Virajpet is around 240 kms & will take around 4 1/2 hours drive.

1.The shortest route is Bengaluru>Srirangapatna>Right turn towards Hunsur Road before Mysore>Hunsur>Titimathi> Gonikoppal>Virajpet ,but apparently road conditions,on some stretches are not very good,but safe anytime.

2. Hunsur>Periyapatana>Siddhapura>Ammathi>Virajpet..More distance,but good roads.

Rgds

Deepak.

mysore
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: road travel from Mysore to Coorg

How to reach hassan from virjpet by bus?