We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Which Madikeri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Hi All,

I need your advice in planning trip to Coorg from Mysore.

I am planning for 2 days stay in Coorg in December with family. Plan is to leave early morning from Mysore and reach Coorg by afternoon.

Please suggest:-

1. Which one to select home stay or resort? What is difference between the same.

2. Whether to take private cab or good Bus facility is there from Mysore? Which is better option

3. What al places to visit in Coorg over next 2 days.

Thanks in Advance.

Madikeri, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

HI Alok ,

Homestay is nothing but a home which the owner will let u use for the duration of the stay. It will be fully furnished sometimes with a working kitchen. Unlike resorts , you will have the entire home to urself hence more privacy. Please check the reviews properly before booking homestay ...

Coorg is connected very well to mysore via bus. I suggest you to take the bus from mysore to coorg and hire a local taxi in coorg to go around.

You can visit Golden temple , Dubare nisargadhama in Kushalnagar .. Fort , abbey falls and raja seat in Madikeri .. Tala cauvery , bhagamandala and fort near Napoklu ... If you have time and interest you can go to mandalpatti and tandiyandamolu

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I take a bus from Coorg I need to go back to visit Kushalnagar/Nisargadhama and Dubera or will the bus have stoppage there for sight seeing?

Will it be too much time consuming if I go to these places from Coorg or its better to cover while coming on the way to Coorg only.

Thanks

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Hi,

Home stay will let you have a real feel of ethnic Coorg lifestyle & you can choose from a variety of options.

It is better to hire a cab from Mysore to ensure a proper coverage of Coorg.

Enroute from Mysore,you can visit Bylakuppe Golden Temple,Cauvery Nisargadhama & Dubare elephant camp. & stay overnight in Coorg.

Next day,you can visit Bhagamandala,Talacauvery,Abbey falls,Madikeri Fort & Raja seat.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Thanks Deepak for the reply.

Can you please tell me the approximate expense of the cab (non-AC) for a round trip from Mysore to Coorg for 2 -days. Accordingly I can decide.

Also I enquired about couple of home stays but none are available for those days.

If I take a resort near main city (bus stand) will it be good ? Anyways we would be spending entire two days sightseeing only and would come back to hotel only at night to sleep.

Please suggest

Madikeri, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

You can cover Kushalnagar on the way only if you hire a taxi from Mysore. Taxi would cost you around 2000 Rs per day.

Madikeri, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Try KSTDC Mayura Valley view ... Its a nice centrally located place in Madikeri

Edited: 23 October 2013, 09:48
Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Hi,

KSTDC Mayura valley view or Hotel Coorg International can be tried.There are plenty of other homestays all around Madikeri/Virajpet,etc which can be tried depending on your budget & preferences.

Cabs,if booked from Mysore will be charged at 250 kms per day basis & fare starts from Rs.7.00 per km upwards.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

Thanks for the inputs.

I wanted to know for how many days should I plan the Coorg trip.

Is 2 days enough to cover all sites or we need 3 days there.

Please advise.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

It will depend on your budget and expectation where you want to stay. If you want to feel at home and experience local culture, home stays are good. If you will need certain necessaties and luxury, there ar reports like orange county etc. I have experience both and enjoyed equally. Difference is "self serve" and "been served" if you understand what I mean.

As for the transport, if you can, take a taxi (better still if you can rent a car and drive). Roads are good and this will save you all important time and hassles. You may take car for driving around the falls on way to Kushalnagar. Do not miss Tala Kaveru, origin place of Kaveri River.

Madikeri, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Coorg/Madikeri from Mysore

2 days is enough if you do not wish to spend a lot of time in each of the location. You might have to start early and travel through the day . If you have time and budget , then space it out and make it three days. Most people plan for a 2 day trip.