We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Auckland Central...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

I'm stopping through Monywa while travelling Myanmar but I'm not having any luck sorting accommodation online there only seams to be one proper hotel that I can find and its way out of my budget... Im travelling in November so wanted to book before I get there as I'm told this is peak season, looking for cheap! back packer, dorm style whatever all I need is a roof over my head :) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

10 replies to this topic
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Hi

You should contact PM to" kosoesoemdy" is expert of this region.

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Golden Arrow Hotel ( +95-71-21`548 ) & Shwe Taung Tarn Hotel ( +95-71-21478 ) are budget hotels in Monywa. If you can spend a little bit , Hotel Chin Dwin is good choice in Monywa. ( hotelchindwin@gmail.com / +95-71-21938 , 26150 , 26151 )

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

I will recommend you Hotel Chindwin

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g641717-d560738…

Edited: 20 August 2014, 05:02
New York City, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

I had some problems with Shwe Taung Tarn- They had no record of the reservation phoned in by my Burmese friend a couple of days before and the two rooms they eventually put me in over two nights were pretty tatty and stank of smoke. They were $15, so not really overpriced. But I moved to the Hotel Chindwin for my last two nights and although a fair bit more expensive at $45 I was happier there. Monywa is a great town and the Hpo Win Daung caves are a highlight of my trip.

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Last month I noticed the Golden Arrow had a sign saying the "New Golden Arrow" so what that means I do not know but certainly a budget option. I opted to stay at Hotel Chindwin (read my review). Yes, a little more expensive (I paid $35 but that was low season) but I got a modern hotel room, buffet breakfast & everything was 5 star service. I was in disbelief. I'd race to the front door to beat the doorman lol. The staff at this place have certainly been trained very very well. I only stayed 2 nights but I was more than happy having paid the extra bucks.

Do not arrive without a prior reservation.

New York City, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Sorry- My stay at Chindwin was $35, not $45 in the beginning of high season. Well worth it

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Hi , Win Unity Hotel is good. Superior room is not much price.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

I always stayed at shwe Taung tarn Hotel best breakfast and food in Myanmar tel: 061-60414 This year old house basic bit scruffy but clean $12 single B&B

uk
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Golden Arrow is a bit dire. We stayed at Hotel Chindwin just after it opened. They have some $12 rooms downstairs - windowless but clean. You have to insist, they are keen for you to book one of the more expensive ones (which are very nice). STT was our old favourite, but is becoming increasingly scruffy, though the rooftop restaurant is nice

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)

Hi Monty,

061 60414 is from Bagan ( Ayer Jetty to cross to TantKyiTaung ), Not from Monywa. Monywa code is 071.

Bagan code is 061.

Reply to: Accommodation in Monywa, Myanmar (Burma)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monywa