We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

London
Level Contributor
451 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the scales of the island. I'm currently booked at Samet Cabana. Was planning for a night up at Haad Sai Kaew to eat and see the fire show. Just wondering how easy it was to get back to Samet Cabana later? I gather I can get a taxi towards it then a bit of a walk. Doesn't sound like a big issue, but jkust wanted to check... Thanks in advance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

There are no taxis in the western sense on Samed. You'll have to find a songtaew (pickup truck with seats in the back) and agree a fare - the number of songtaews is limited. The roads are not that good and it could be a slow ride at night.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

perhaps rent a motorbike but on Samet you need to ride carefully!

London
Level Contributor
451 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

Ah thanks a lot both of you. That's exactly the info I needed.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

we rented bicycles when we were there....so that might be an option for you too. it is VERY dark at night on the roads, so caution is necessary.

by the way, the fire show is grand, just don't sit too close! ;)

Jo

Edited: 17 October 2012, 16:57
London
Level Contributor
451 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

Thanks Salsajo, gives me a good idea of things. Ha ha and thanks for the advice, I'll sit back a bit for the fire show...

6. Re: Getting to Samet Cabana from Haad Sai Kaew at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:17