We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

Hi, suggestions for things to do on koh samed for kids including any half or day trips?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

hi, i can think of a few things off the top of my head...

- close to the ferry pier there is a fish farm. it is really cool. it is a series of docks divided into tanks in the ocean. you can buy little buckets of fish feed and go walk around and feed all the different kinds of sea life. there are signs explaining what they are.

-of course lots of snorkeling half day/full days trips you can arrange to surrounding islands. just incredible .

-rent bicycles and explore the island

- when you are facing the park gates from the outside, walk/ride down the road to your left for a minute or so and you will come to a HUGE white buddha. the monk there is super friendly, speaks pretty good english and loves kids. (hopefully he is still there)

-every night there is a fabulous fire show on Sai Kaew Beach. You can have dinner there and watch or just come for the show!

Jo

Mentioned in this post
Sai Kaew Beach
Sai Kaew Beach
678 Reviews
Ko Samet, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

Hi jo, thanks - any other wild life suggestions, I read somewhere of a turtle sanctuary off-shore?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

you are very welcome...you know, now that you say that about the turtle sanctuary, it rings a bell, but we didn't go there. hopefully someone can give you info about that.

Jo

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

Hire boat to Koh Talu samet national park there is pretty nice and white sand good for fishing,snorkeling also.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

Koh Samet is a wonderful place - There is plenty to do, but I'd say that depending on where you are, it can be a bit of a party atmosphere - (lots of backpackers when I was there, though this could be seasonal?)

Be careful of the Pick up trucks and Mo-peds with the kids! People don't pay much attention to the rules of the road on that island... If there are any?

6. Re: Suggested things to do with 2 kids, 9 and 11 - 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:17