We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh samet

Which Ko Samet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
2 posts
Save Topic
Koh samet

We are going to the island of koh samet and every hotel has mixed reviews. I prefer resort style clean and all the modern cons. anyone been and had a great time with great food and reasonably priced cocktails?

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh samet

I don't if this will help with your search but I also look for good reports in a hotel. After much searching I have booked into ( le Vimarn cottages & spa ) for 2 weeks , you should check it out ;-)

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh samet

Great thanks I wil have a look

Khon Kaen, Thailand
Level Contributor
530 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh samet

You should first find out where on Koh Samet you would like to stay. Do you want to stay in a resort far away from the party life or do you like an beach with restaurants and many other resorts? Personally I like "Hat Sai Keauw" and 'Ao Wong Duang" beach.

Two weeks seems a bit long for an small island like Koh Samet .... but that is up to you.

Chang Noi

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh samet

I have just returned from koh Samet, I live in Thailand and have traveled all over Thailand and loved every minute of it..I had never been to Koh Samet so I decided to take my family there who have just returned home .But on our short visit of 3 days to Koh Samet , I could not wait to get off the island, and either could the rest of my family, The island is so dirty there must be a problem with getting rid of the rubbish there ,because there is rubbish throw everywhere along the side of the roads , in the jungle and smell is sickening in some places,There are some beautiful beaches there but as you drive down to them ,you have to drive pass rubbish throw at the side of the road.There are recycling places next to some of the top hotels there.We could not believe it, It was so disappointing .I really hope you get this email before you book anything, I would strongly advise you not to go there and go to Koh Chang which is a beautiful island only about 160kms from Koh Samet or another island in the south Koh Tao it is beautiful , clean ,small and great diving and snorking, Or any of the other island in the south,Any where but Koh Samet .

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh samet

Thanks collzy for the advice. I also live in BKK and have never been to Koh Samet and after reading your review I shall certainly stay away. There are lots of other very good places to go, including Koh Tao.

Khon Kaen, Thailand
Level Contributor
530 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh samet

Weird how personal opinions can vary so much ..... I live in Thailand and travel all over SEA, I even lived very near Koh Samet and I would go there many times just for 1 or 2 days. After 1 or 2 days I am bored at any beach. Now living about 700km from the Eastern Seaboard, but otherwise I would still go there once & while.

Chang Noi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh samet

I'm afraid I have to agree samet Is pretty dirty we live on a beach opposite the island and hubby and I have been over a few times just to ride around and these have to be some of the worst riding conditions I've ever seen really dirt bike standard and I'm not talking the wet season, yes there is rubbish everywhere and we have decided most of it just gets dumped into the sea as most days it all washes up on our beach but in saying that some of the resorts are lovely just don't leave them....... Mandy

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh samet

I have been to Samet first weekend in December for the past 4 years. Regret to say agree that I have noticed a deterioration on my last visit. Very untidy a lot of building work going on around the Nadan Main Street, stray wild dogs everywhere and the dirt track to the bottom of the island gets worse.

Still for a two day break from Bangkok I would still go there.

9. Re: Koh samet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 11:35
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh samet

Was there in mid May and found it was ok. Granted i visited in the low season, after school have started and on a weekday. It was clean and quiet. Yes there are certain beaches and "resorts" where they do not do a good job of upkeep and cleaning up but on the whole i find Samet to be well maintained.

I also like the dirt track. IMO if they ever put in a proper road, it will be filled with idiots thinking they are valentino rossi.