We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

hi everyone

i arrive into Bangkok early one morning in June and was thinking of just going to Ko San Rd and booking a ticket to get to Ko Samet. Do the buses run multiple times daily? Do you think this is possible? Where is the best place to stay in Ko Samet? I am looking for bungalow style accommodation. Which beach should I stay on? I want some nightlife but also dont want it to be too rowdy..how much should i budget for accomodation and daily spending on a low ish budget? Will the weather there be ok in June?

Cheers, Lorinda

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,317 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

When I see a post like this, I do wonder if the OP has actually looked for any of the information at all on the forum ?, or if they actually require the services of a Travel Agent,

I know how to get to Ko Samet has been discussed recently, so I would use the Search function above the opening post to have a look for the thread & others like it.

I went to Ko Samet last year & when planning/researching my trip, found all the information I needed virtually already on the forum

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

as above...will add that when i have been in june the weather was always good......

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

Agree ......

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

Hi,

Buses run from the Ekkamai terminal and minivans from Victory Monument throughout the day. Should you travel there by bus take one to Ban Phe if possible since it is where the ferries depart from for Koh Samet. If not, take the first bus to Rayong and from there a songtaow. Take a look at the top of the page for hotels on the island.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 09:01
Bangkok, Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

- Getting from Bangkok to Ko Samet

travelfish.org/blogs/…

- Bangkok to Koh Samet

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g641720-i13310-k33…

6. Re: Ko Samet - how to get there and tips/reccomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16