We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Obertraun public parking

Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Obertraun public parking

Hi, does anybody know if we can park in Obertraun for a day while visiting the Ice Cave, 5 Fingers and then Hallstatt? And I understand that there's a bus that runs between Obertraun and Hallstatt, correct? Thank you.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 21:42
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Obertraun public parking

Yes, there is a bus connection between Hallstatt and Obertraun, travel time is only 15 minutes as far as I remember. Parking should not be a problem in Obertraun. You could leave the car on the parking lot at the base station of ropeway section 1.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
22,039 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Obertraun public parking

yep. parking at the cable car station would make sense, as I think it is free. parking in hallstatt is pricey and fairly congested, due to the type of village and popularity. so plan to do the ice cave, five fingers first, and then bus it over to hallstatt.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Obertraun public parking

Bus 543 runs between the two.

4. Re: Obertraun public parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2016, 01:15