We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.Georgen, Attergau

North of England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
St.Georgen, Attergau

We are thinking of visiting Austria on a coach trip to St. Georgen, Attergau. I am having difficulty in finding out actually what there is there and if it's a backwater place or whether there is a local town there to visit. Please can you advise if this is a village, countryside or a town with shops, cafes etc., etc., How far would this be from the Eagles Nest?

Many thanks for any help you can give

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
27,569 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: St.Georgen, Attergau

May I suggest to download GOOGLE Earth which is a useful tool for geographical information?

St. Georgen is a village close to Attersee Lake. The village itself isn't really attractive, so trips to nearby places are necessary such as Attersee Lake, Mondsee and the entire Salzkammergut District. Eagles Nest is approximately 70 km East. Honestly, I would not stay there (especially if you don't have a car).

North of England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: St.Georgen, Attergau

Many, many thanks for your message. It certainly helps us a lot. Do you know anything about the Gasthof Ascerwirt hotel in Brandenberg in the Austrian Tyrol. I presumed Brandenberg was in Austria, but not according to the advertisement. Any further help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

3. Re: St.Georgen, Attergau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Sankt Georgen im...