We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gasthof Ascerwirth Hotel, Brandenberg

North of England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
26 helpful votes
Gasthof Ascerwirth Hotel, Brandenberg

A brochure describes this as the Austrian Tyrol. It has been said there have been severe floods there and there is not much to do if you are not going for sports etc., Please can anyone give me any advice re this hotel and the area. This is advertised in a brochure for coach trips but we are not certain if this is a good idea!

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Gasthof Ascerwirth Hotel, Brandenberg

Often bus tour firms use lesser known and less convernient villages for accomodations .

Brandenberg is one such place . It is a relatively small village just above the Inn Valley - Nearest sozeable places would be Kramsach and Rattenberg.

Please do not confuse this village with Brandberg just near to Mayrhofen in the Zillertal Valley. Some do find the names confusing.

This is not a bad base if you explore Innsbruck, the Inn Valley , the glass village of Rattenberg , Swarovski Chrystal - but these all need transport - in your situation the tour bus.

But to do things on your own not a best situation and the village services limited.

Villages like this offer clean accomodations at good prices , usually good austrian specialties and friendly hospitality -

But for a vacation and limited transport not the best situation.

You are really tied tom the tour offerings.

As for heavy rains- yes, some areas get some rains and minor damage to rodas somewhere but nothing to cause major situations.

I would check your source for more info- this unlikely to make major troubles most places.

North of England
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Gasthof Ascerwirth Hotel, Brandenberg

Many thanks for your speedy response. This is most helpful but these holidays don't look as though they fill us with much enthusiasm. Perhaps we should be mustering ourselves up to fly to perhaps Saltzburg for a better holiday and book our own accomodation??? I presume there will be trips from Saltzburg. My husband is interested in going to the Eagles Nest?

Your information is much appreciated.

Kind regards.

3. Re: Gasthof Ascerwirth Hotel, Brandenberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Sankt Georgen im...