We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Paris, France
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Hello,

I am planning to visit Paros from Santorini. I am not on a cruise ship and am planning this using some online searches. My plan is to take the seajets ferry from Santorini and arrive in paros- stay in naoussa and visit Anti-paros and naxos from this base.

I was planning to head to mykonos next and since I am not looking to party my intention is stay 2 days and do a day trip to Delos.However my only free day for delos is a Monday and I read that on Monday the sites at Delos are closed. I tried very much tto find the ferries from Paros but could find none. (I searched for regular ferries not excursions/tours- travels)

Can anyone please help me out.

I also wanted to ask if my idea of Santorini>Paros (Day trip to anti paros/ios/naxos)>mykonos(Day trip delos) is good or should I go to Naxos from Santorini and then go to Paros?

Thanks!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

If you are looking for ferries from Paros to Delos there are none (Delos is uninhabited). You are correct that Delos is closed on Mondays — unless you can adjust your itinerary you will have to give it a miss.

Don't take the Sea Jets ferry to Paros, Blue Star is much more comfortable. No problem with ferries from Paros to Mykonos, there will be either FlyingCat 4, a Sea Jet, or both.

Naoussa is a great place to stay, but you will have to go to Parikia for a ferry to Naxos.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

The excursion boats from Paros, Naoussa (with origin in Naxos) to Delos and Mykonos, will also take one-way passengers (incl luggage) to Mykonos. You get some hours on Delos before continuing to Mykonos.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Hi Heimdall, contacting you in desperation as you seem to know about the ferries. I've searched forum for info on ferries from Mykonos to Paros to find out if anyone knows the ferry times. We have booked or holiday at the end of June but don't know if the plane will arrive in time for the ferry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Victoria.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Hi Victoria,

There are lots of knowledgable people on this forum who can help you with the ferries. The best place to look for ferry timetables is either www.gtp.gr or www.openseas.gr , and that's where we all look. I find openseas.gr best for specific dates, and gtp.gr better for monthly searches. It looks like the latest ferry departure on most days is 14:55, but I see on Mon, Tues, & Wed in late June is a Superjet departure at 18:15.

Some days there are also Delos/Mykonos excursion boats that return to Paros, leaving the quay (not the ferry dock) in Mykonos old harbour around 17:00. I don't have the 2014 schedule, but it used to be Tues, Thu, & Sun. As long as they aren't full they will take one-way passengers.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

victoria f

It's easily sorted by one night on Mykonos. It really is as simple as that, if you really worried about will I, won't I, make a ferry.

With your arrival time at 13:55 you have 1 hour to get the Hellenic Seaways catamaran at 14:55, some days of the week there are later ferries.

Flyingcat = Old port

Highspeed = New port

In peak season they use the larger Hispeed. Roughly June onwards.

Ferries are daily Mykonos to Paros. Thus 1 night on Mykonos sorts it.

The 2 references have been given many times before, without giving dates/day of week it is difficult to be more precise.

Every ferry schedule is now known, as far as I can see.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Thanks so much for info Heimdall. We have already booked hotel from the date we arrive in Mykonos so don't want to waste a day having to stay on the island for a night.

Thanks for help.

Victoria.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

Thanks for reply retired_hippy but we have the normal two hols and wasteing one night on Mykonos when we have paid for a hotel on Paros doesn't help. We just presumed it would be easy but it seems not. If we could find ferry times it at least would help us to know what to expect. We only have the usual two week holiday so losing one night on Paros wouldn't help.

Thanks Victoria.

8. Re: Naoussa-Delos-ferry ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Naoussa