We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Silver Spring MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Hello!

First, thank everyone who has helped me build my itinerary thus far.

We will be based in Naxos (five nights) and Paros (five nights) on this trip, and would like to take a day or two in each place to visit other islands in the Cyclades. Just trying to figure out which to visit from Naxos, and which to visit from Paros. Questions follow:

- I gather from my reading here and elsewhere that we can do Mykonos and Delos via the same boat trip?

- What about Antiparos - is that via a ferry? Or is there an excursion company name I should look into?

- Is Sifnos too far out there to do on a day trip?

- What constitutes the Little Cyclades and are those islands we should be visiting if possible?

- Is there a round-island (Paros) boat cruise that anyone recommends?

Thanks as always!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,778 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

The excursions to Delos and Mykonos stop on Delos for about 3 hours in the morning, then move on to Mykonos for another 3-4 hours in the afternoon. The excursion companies also offer day trips to Iraklia and Koufonissi in the Little Cyclades, small islands to the south of Naxos. Both Paros and Naxos are served by the same excursion companies, picking up passengers on both islands each trip.

Antiparos can be reached in two different ways: there are small boats that leave from the docks at Parikia, coordinating their timetable with arrival of the main ferries to Paros. Parikia > Antiparos by boat takes about 30 minutes. The other way to get to Antiparos is by #4 bus from Parikia to Pounta (about 15-20 minutes), then the 7 minute ferry across the narrow straits to Antiparos. The taxi boats from Parikia are cancelled when winds are too strong, while the 7 minute ferry from Pounta operates year-round in all kinds of weather.

There are round-island boat trips from Antiparos operated by three different companies I know of: Alexandros, Captain Ben, and Thiella. You can make arrangements to be picked up at Pounta, or just take the ferry across to Antiparos. Trips depart around 10 am, and include BBQ lunches and swims from remote beaches. The trips are lots of fun. Paros is too large for round-island day trips, but there are taxi boats at Naoussa and Parikia that take people to beaches.

Silver Spring MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Thank you so much! Printing this out and adding it to my growing travel file. I really appreciate your help.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

It's possible to do a day trip to Sifnos by regular ferry from Paros on a Sunday or Tuesday but you'd only have about four and a half hours there. Serifos might be a better option as the ferry stops there on its way to and from Sifnos, giving you about 7 hours on the island.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Heimdall has done a good job answering your questions. I do have an album of Antiparos with images of the tour boats primarily the Alexandros. You can see the tour boats in the 6th 9 image and the Alexandros on the tour in the 31 and 32 image of the album.

flickr.com/photos/…

Edited: 12 August 2013, 21:19
Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Nice photos, Stan. I'll be there in three weeks. Can't wait...

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

Thank you. I know you are going to have a great time.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,778 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

My photos aren't as good as stanbr's, but there are some of the Thiella round-island trip in this album, including the sea caves to the south of the island:

flickr.com/photos/…

Andy, although you don't post often, you know Antiparos well. There was a question about a gym on the Antiparos forum the other day, but I know nothing about it. Can you help?

8. Re: Cyclades - excursions/day trips from Paros and Naxos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Naoussa