We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Hi

Well Paros is definately in our plans for 10 days I think. from about 31/8/2012

I was going to stay 5 nights in Nasoussa and then 5 in Parikia however it is becoming a nightmare accomadation wise.

From all the reviews that I read it seemed that there was only 1 or 2 with good reviews close to restaurants etc in Parikia. I have emailed these and after 10 days no replies.

The same with Naoussa. I emailed 3 and of these only Stelia Mare hotel has answered and this is way too expensive for us.

Our maximum is 120E a night. I prefer to pay less and dont really want breakfast as we only eat fruit and I can prepare this ourselves.

Location close walking distance to restaurants for the evening is important, as is a comfortable, clean room with a double bed and not too many stairs to get to the hotel. Stairs to the room is fine if we can get some assistance with luggageas my husband is 75 and cant carry luggage up stairs any more, though he is fit and active.

Also people that speak english and are on site at night are important after a medical emergency in Italy at midnight and there wasnt anyone at the b & b that spoke english.

I have read reveiws, looked at trip advisor, booking.com etcbut because non of the hotels are replying I dont know what to do.

I need to work out whether we can find a suitable hotel or b & b or inn, and I thought that maybe we should stay the whole 10 days in Parikia

As I need to urgently start booking flights in and out of Paros, plus other islands, and also Australia, I urgently need help to find affordable accomadation on this island and also Syros.

I can not believe that I can find wonderful accomadation at a cheaper rate in places like Mykonos, Spetes and even Positano in Italy, than I can in Paros. I was told that that Paros and Syros off season had very reasonable accomadation.

If someone who goes there often or is one of the experts could suggest somewhere I would really appreciate it.

Booking a room when we get there isnt really an option for people of our age.

Janderra

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Check www.instylevillas.com

They have some awesome properties and are very helpful!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
906 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

I am not sure this is not advertising

New York, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

I highly recommend the Hotel Paros. http://www.hotelsparos.gr/

It is a 5 - 7 minute walk from the ferry, with very few stairs (request a 1st floor room) it is right in front of the beach, it is a 5 minute walk to the center of town and restaurants, it is clean and economical and run by a Greek National, Dosso, along with his wife Jenny, who lived for years in Chicago so their English is excellent.

In short, exactly what you are looking for …

I stayed there prior to a 12 day sailing charter and thought it completely suited my needs …

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
906 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

I am not sure whether you have found accommodation yet or not. I would strongly recommend Kiki and Michalis' Studios and Apartments in Naoussa. They are highly rated on Trip Advisor. Kiki speaks excellent English and would always help anyone out. We have stayed there about 40 to 50 times and Kiki and Michalis have become very good friends. It is the same for many of us who have stayed with them over the years.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Hi

Thanks for updates. I have booked at Casa da Roma with good reviews, great price & large appartment room at 23 sq metres. So hope all goes well

Janderra

france
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Hello

Maybe to late for you but can recommend diplosstudios at Livadia beach area just down to left as you leave from port area .

It is a family run buisness newly refurbished for this season ,in a nice friendly location within walking distance of everything to see do on Paros .cafes restaurants plenty to choose from .

Diplos studios are more than clean , looked after daily by the owners clean sheets , towels etc . nothing is a problem for them , they really want you to have a lovely holiday and go out of their way without being intrusive .

the studios are large and very nicely decorated with a softness not usually seen in these types of accomodation they are more akin to good hotel rooms and have all you need and if not just ask .

they are just a short stroll from Livadia beach and considering the style and location are not expensive .

We and our friends are frequent visitors to Paros ,now we have found Diplosstudios this will be our place unless we are unlucky enough to find them fully booked , we hope not , returning again september 2012

france
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

Janderra hello

I had not read all of your post but upon reading i would strongly recommend you stay in Parikia as from here you have a great diversity of places to go things to do and ofcourse plenty of cafes reastaurants tavernas to visit ,

Naoussa is okay but small and now very overpriced . as i said in my previous post subject to availibility you could not go wrong in booking Diplosstudios , they are a greek family run buisness fron Paros . who have been working in this buisness many years ,are serious bi lingual and totally correct in what they offer ,

The studios are really nicely decorated with a softness not usually found in this type of accomodation and think i am correct in saying all the studios have a nice sofa area where you can relax without having to lie on the bed as is the norm , considering what they offer and the kindness . surroundings , pick up and drop off free to port or airport the low price and having a small kitchen area do not think you can go wrong , if you woild like more information please reply and will gladly supply .

we are also of a certain age anf found this easy for walking , restaurants and getting to see paros .

just look at diplosstudios and their pictures will tell you the story .

hope you make a good choice and happy holidays on paros .

Edited: 05 August 2012, 20:40
28. Re: Where to stay in Parikia urgent urgent please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Parikia
Recent Conversations