We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Moscow, Idaho
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

I will be visiting Geiranger via a cruise ship in May. Stuck between 2 shore excursions and wondering which is better. A trip to Mt. Dalsnibba or trip to Herdalsseter Mountain Farm. Looks like the Mountain Farm includes views of the Seven Sisters waterfall and travels up the Eagle Road, but it does not go to Mt Dalsnibba. Which do you think would be more worth my time? Thank You!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

You may read previous discussion with trip reports from Herdalsetra: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g642196-i12091-k53…

Moscow, Idaho
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

I did read the previous post. Just wanted other people's opinions on which is the better option.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,677 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

Then you must decide according to your interests. You know yourself best - it would not be fair to ask the forum to decide for you. Dalsnibba for views, the mountain farm for culture and tradition.

Moscow, Idaho
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

Wow. I'm shocked by these cold responses. I'm only asking for opinions, not for someone to decide for me. I thought TripAdvisor was a good place to get opinions from people who have already visited these places?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

jknuto, klimaflyktning and myself were both trying to politely reply to your question. I linked reports from people who've been there. What more do you want? Your post is bloody rude.

Moscow, Idaho
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

OK! Are there any nice people out there who can give me an opinion on whether Mount Dalsnibba is a must-see?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,677 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

If you cannot make up your mind, I suggest you do some more research. You could use google images and search for Dalsnibba and this way you can see what others saw.

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

Herdalsseter is a mountain farm with goats, the drive includes the Eagle road:

…bimmers.no/files/07gy8h2t6r3u05spzhrp.jpg

…motorcyclistonline.com/f/…2B.jpg

www.herdalssetra.no/Fotogalleri/N_004.jpg

…blogspot.com/-h4fZdU3bEPs/…Img_0689b.jpg

The other option include Mt Dalsnibba. Experiences are slightly different. But actually hard for locals like me to tell how a first time visitor will enjoy.

poi-norwegen.de/Seiten/…2005.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/y136/cityw/Norge/Dal…

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,677 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

There is a beautiful documentary made by Norwegian television showing the life and nature at Herdalssetra. If this does not make you want to go, nothing will

tv.nrk.no/serie/…22-01-2013

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt. Dalsnibba or Herdalsseter Mountain Farm?

I would definitely recommend Herdalsseter. Much more interesting and weather proof.

Get answers to your questions about Geiranger