We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip suggestion - Live in Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Trondheim, Norway
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip suggestion - Live in Norway

Hi all,

I recently moved to Trondheim. That means I live there. I would like to go on a 4 full day trekking and camping trip (8th-13th August) to some place nice which is with in 4-5 hours of Trondheim. I will be going with two others who are around 28 years old. We are energetic bunch but do not have any steep mountain climbing experience. We will use public transportation. One of my friend was suggesting Geiranger.

1) What place do you recommend for us to visit?

I got in touch with the tourist information center in Geiranger and they told me, I quote "Our area is quite extreme and mountainous, for this reason I would recommend basing yourself in Geiranger, and doing day trips instead of 4 full days." I also read in this forums that Geiranger is sort of filled with lots of tourists and sort of over rated. We would like to go somewhere where it is not so touristy (ironically ;)). It should have a fjord and beautiful landscape and if possible offer us 4 full day trekking and camping experience.

2) Do you have any suggestions for us in this regard?

Thank you very much for your time.

Norway
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip suggestion - Live in Norway

You have to take two buses to get between Grotli and Geiranger. The express bus Oslo-Otta-Stryn-Måløy passes Grotli, and also the road junction to Geiranger (at Langvatn). Then there is a bus to/from Langvatn/Geiranger. If you Google you will find the time tables.

22. Re: Trip suggestion - Live in Norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Geiranger