We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alvor - excursions & day trips

hull
4 posts
Save Topic
alvor - excursions & day trips

hi, I am visiting Alvor for 2 weeks beginning of August as part of family of 4 & am looking in advance for best value day trips/excursions.

have been quoted 70euro for return transfer(transfer only) to zoomarine & 142euro total for jeep safari (2 adults, 2 kids) does anyone know if these prices are reasonable or is it best to just wait until we get there and book day trips trips then. Do not really want to hire a car as have had bad experience driving abroad in the past.

are taxis/buses generally reliable & can someone give me an idea of prices to places like lagos, praia da rocha from Alvor

thanks to all who take the time to read/respond to this message.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alvor - excursions & day trips

have been quoted 70euro for return transfer(transfer only) to zoomarine.........

Do not pay this as when you get here you can book the excursion from many places and the price usually includes being picked up by the zoo marine coach/bus....If all else fails I would drive you myself for 30 lol....

Jeep Safari, please be aware that you do not see any animals on this trip. It is basically a 4x4 jeep ride to monchique.

Taxi from Alvor to Praia da rocha is around 5.60.

Lagos well worth the trip but would suggest getting teh bus and not a taxi. Cant comment on prices tho as I usually drive. Is about 20 mins in a car on the N125.

If I can help with anything please feel free to ask.

Hope you have a great time.

Ipswich
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: alvor - excursions & day trips

Hi Neill66,

Have today returned from a 2 week holiday in Praia do Vau, a 4 min ride from Alvor and 3 minutes from Praia da Rocha. Our first time to the Algarve, but certainly not our last!!

Had a fab time and we were a party of 8, ranging from 15 months through teens up to mid 40's. Found out through chance and experience best trips, places to eat and drink and what and where to avoid.

If you want any honest opinions and advice based on our holiday and your expectations please feel free to contact me with any questions, queries or such and i will do my best to help you.

Kind regards.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,935 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alvor - excursions & day trips

Buses at Alvor are generally reliable but somewhat infrequent at weekends.

Alvor - Portimao €1.70 runs about every hour every day in summer

Alvor - Lagos around €3.45 six buses on weekdays; four at weekends.

Alvor - Albufeira €3.85 takes 70 minutes though; six direct on weekdays, four at weekends.

I did the journey Albufeira - Alvor and back today. Five minutes late outward; ten late on the way back. Schedules are a bit optimistic.

All buses at Alvor use the same stop at the roundabout on the main road just outside the village.

Take a look at my site www.algarvebus.info for full details.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alvor - excursions & day trips

Hello cazp,see from your post that you have been to vau hope my info was of help and that you enjoyed your stay

5. Re: alvor - excursions & day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations